Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ipad tv play app

Frequent Visitor

Ipad tv play app

Yeah from the looks of it on the ratings on itunes this app is completely broken.  When i try to watch anything, and i mean anything a message pops up saying "Sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video".  It seems that this problem is prevelent if one goes by the ratings on itunes.  It would be nice if this could be resolved.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Player and Remote apps not working on iPad1 IOS 5.1.1

Just posted about this before i saw this thread.  Gonna bump it so they get off their butts

Problem Solver

There is an xfinity tv app that also works on the ipad.  I have an ipad 2 so I don't know if it works on ipad 1

In the past I've streamed some on demand video with the xfinity tv app.

It also changes the channels on the cable box.

Silver Problem Solver

There are two apps the xfinity tv app and the remote app, both will work on any ios device with ios 5 or above.   I have them both on my new ipad and both work perfectly.  Make sure you are right by your wirless router when you try to watch a video first.  That way you will know if you just to far away.  Have you tried this on other wireless networks to see if it works.   It might also be an account issue on comcasts end.  I have found from this forum that if it just does not work and you have everything right then its something on their back end that needs to be changed. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation