Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ipad app not showing all recorded shows on the DVR

Regular Visitor

Ipad app not showing all recorded shows on the DVR

We have the X1 platform and have had no problems watching recorded programs on our iPads until yesterday. The DVR shows that it has 68% used with recorded shows (we can watch them on the tv) and on the app it shows we have only 28% used for recordings. We recorded 3 shows last night but they are not showing up on the ipad. My husband contacted customer service but they were no help. We have recycled everything, deleted and reinstalled the app and nothing has fixed it. Any help would be appreciated.
Official Employee

Re: Ipad app not showing all recorded shows on the DVR

EnslenB wrote:
We have the X1 platform and have had no problems watching recorded programs on our iPads until yesterday. The DVR shows that it has 68% used with recorded shows (we can watch them on the tv) and on the app it shows we have only 28% used for recordings. We recorded 3 shows last night but they are not showing up on the ipad. My husband contacted customer service but they were no help. We have recycled everything, deleted and reinstalled the app and nothing has fixed it. Any help would be appreciated.

Checked your account and those 3 recordings failed to record to our cloud servers.  There was some issues in the chicago          market yesterday that caused some recordings to fail.   Unfortunately those recordings are unrecoverable. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

We are still having the problem. This has been ongoing with no help from customer service. How can you offer the service and have it so unreliable. What do we need to do to fix this issue? We left Direct TV for your service and I am regretting it. Can you please assist with this? It has happened too many times!
Frequent Visitor

Everything I am recording shows up as not for mobile viewing so it won't show on my ipad. The app also doesn't show live tv and the on demand no longer works. It's basically worthless. And they won't help. I am fed up.

Official Employee

EnslenB wrote:
We are still having the problem. This has been ongoing with no help from customer service. How can you offer the service and have it so unreliable. What do we need to do to fix this issue? We left Direct TV for your service and I am regretting it. Can you please assist with this? It has happened too many times!

We are working on improving the stability of the cloud servers in your area.  There is nothing you or a customer service rep can do to fix this.  

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

GeoKaz wrote:

Everything I am recording shows up as not for mobile viewing so it won't show on my ipad. The app also doesn't show live tv and the on demand no longer works. It's basically worthless. And they won't help. I am fed up.

I sent your account information over to our engineering teams to investigate, there is a high volume of recordings failing on your account.    What is the issue with live? Are you getting the "Out of Home" message while the home?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

The show I recorded last night I was able to watch on the cloud service but it's not available today? This is very aggravating. We pay our bill on time every month expecting reliable service. We have only had cable for a few months but have been internet customers for years. The internet has been very reliable but the cable service is. It the best. When do they think the issue will be resolved?
New Poster

When is this going to be fixed? I still do not see all my recorded programs in my iPad app

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. My tv dvr shows like 50% and my iPad shows 23%. I'm trying to record some movies/shows to bring on the plane with me Tuesday but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Overall, this app just isn't very good. There are always problems with the "manifest" for recordings and it takes forever to download things. I know the concept is fairly new and I'm sure Comcast will continue improving it, but there should at least be a way to fix the difference in dvr issue.
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue.  Headed to Florida in the next few days, planned on downloading my shows to take with me, but.. guess not!  Funny thing was, yesterday, the shows were all showing up on my ipad, available to download.  TODAY (noticed that my DVR box restarted itself this morning for some reason).... only a few of my shows now show up.

UGH.

New Poster

Same issue for me. I was going to watch a nhl game I recorded last night. It's on my DVR, but not available on my iPad. Our DVR is over 90% full, but iPad shows 62% full.

Frustrating...
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation