Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Internet TV Listings Guide

New Poster

Internet TV Listings Guide

For some reason certain channels (e.g., BBC America HD, A&E HD, et al.) are intermittently dropped from the internet online TV Guide for zip code 33036 (URL - . http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings# ). Sometimes the channels are there, and sometimes they are not. The channels turn up missing even with all screens off. I spent over a half hour in a Comcast chat last week trying to resolve the problem when it suddenly seemed to resolve itself. Yesterday the channels went missing again. Later in the day they returned. Today they are gone again.

This would seem to be some sort of a computer programming bug that will never be properly resolved via online chat. A forum entry seems to be the only way to bring the problem to Comcast's attention in writing as I could find no email link to Comcast support.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Internet TV Listings Guide

I am seeing the same thing here in the Boston area. Channels randomly come and go from the TV listings guide.

Rebooting, clearing cache, different browser have no effect. 

Example, today at 2pm dozens of channels were missing. 2:30 all were back, 3pm gone again. Tonight they are all back.

Regular Contributor

The system is random and ever changing.  For me the listings are always 1-4 hours behind and it is often inpossible to see what is currently playing.  Cicking refresh will change the amount of time it is behind but rarely does it go to being on time.  For you apparently it is randomly choosing what channels to present.

Problem Solver

http://www.zap2it.com

It works for me.  Takes a bit to set it up for your personal area, but in the long run, easier to deal with.

ciao, bj

New Poster

Thanks, but this is an alternative solution. It does not address the problem with Comcast's internet TV guide which, if working properly, seems to be more user friendly. BTW, I accessed the Comcast internet guide this morning. All channels appeared to be there, but many channels showed "TBD" instead of program listings even though the listings for those channels were contained in Comcast's TV guide on cable.

Problem Solver

Sorry you didn't care for zap2it.  

I did check the comcast internet guide this morning and there were no TBDs and all channels showed.  Hopefully the glitch was corrected for all.  

ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

The TBD's come and go at random. Again today, TBD'S at 12pm, gone at 12:15, back at 12:30.

Problem Solver

I keep my favorites & HD only tabs active..  NO TBDs.    When I activated the total listing, no favs or hd, I got 2 TBDs--  Channel 401 & 402 NDEMAND...   Never watch, don't care about them..  Smiley Wink   So for all intents & purposes, for me, TBDs gone today.  Smiley Happy

Don't know what tomorrow will bring, here's where I go into my song & dance routine...   Smiley Wink  

My location, central MA..  

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

Well, tomorrow is today, and back to the TBDs.   Just going to continue with   http://www.zap2it.com, and only use comcast to check out my DVR.  

ciao, bj

Frequent Visitor

Thank-you for that link.    I've been so lost without the online tv guide.   This link you shared has something I think I can feel comfortable with.    I sure hope Comcast get's their act together but I rather doubt it since so much time has passed since their fiasco changes and there are like zero comments or relevant assistance from anybody from comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation