New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Intermittent On-Demand and internet outages

ANSWERED
New Poster

Intermittent On-Demand and internet outages

I hope you can help. 

For the last month or more I have been having my On-demand and internet stop working simultaneosly.  In other words if I try and use On-demand it will say it is unavailable and I need to call Xfinity, at the same time that is not working my internet loses connection.

I had all the cables check by xfinity in the house and they replace all the connections and the cable from the pole to the house as there was corrosion.

I replaced my motorola router with a Netgear CM500 Cable modem.

I also have a Netgear WNDR3700 router.

I do not have X1 , just  a straight HD cable box with On-demand.

I spoke to technical support for internet, and all they did was reset my router which worked for a few minutes and then it was out again.

I spoke with technical support for TV, and the woman I spoke to seemed to think it was a problem on the pole or in my neighborhood. She sent out a technician, who  looked at the connection on the pole and then left.  Unfortunately I was not at home at the time and did not get a chance to speak with him.

I am attaching log and upstream downstream reports from my cable modem when it went out twice this morning. I am losing upstream channels when it goes out.  I also confirmed at these times that On-demand was also not working at the same time.

This can occur 2-3 times per hour.

I hope a knowledgeable tech reads this and can assist me with this problem.

If you need more information please let me know.

Accepted Solution

Re: Intermittent On-Demand and internet outages

Tech came to house, and felt the issue was in the neighborhood not at my house. He did change the first splitter where my internet comes off the initial line into the house.

Miraculously, my internet has been working flawlessly since then.

View answer in context
New Poster

So this morning I hooked up my cable modem directly to the main cable coming into the house before any splitters.  The connection was still lost more than once. Makes me think the problem is some where on the pole or in my neighborhood.

I attached the event log from that episode.

New Poster

Have a tech coming to the house in a couple days, will keep you posted.

New Poster

Tech came to house, and felt the issue was in the neighborhood not at my house. He did change the first splitter where my internet comes off the initial line into the house.

Miraculously, my internet has been working flawlessly since then.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation