Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Interesting one with XFINITY TV App on Android

New Poster

Interesting one with XFINITY TV App on Android

I'm running XFINITY TV App on Android 4.0.3 and it was working well until today. Now when I try to load the TV Listing viewer it populates fine but gives me a 'An unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again." error pop-up. No buttons populate in the preview panel (to switch to the channel or DVR the program).

However if I drill down to the 'All Listings' setting on the right hand panel and click on an occurance of the show then I do get the buttons and the channel switches on the TV when I press it. Changing the channel from the numeric CH dropdown box also works.

So in summary:

Program list works

Changing channel works

DVR works

Changing channel from the Program List causes error.

It's quite bizarre. I've tried blowing away all my settings and reinstalling afresh to absolutely no avail. Obviously it's not a huge deal as I can browse the listings and then change to a channel I want from the numeric pad but it's still irritating so I'd be grateful if anybody has any thoughts on fixing this. Many thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Interesting one with XFINITY TV App on Android

whenever this happens its usually a thing on comcasts end.  I would not waste your time troubleshooting it as they will figure it out on their end early next week.

Frequent Visitor

rog286713: I've been getting this same error for over a week. How do we be sure that Comcast is really aware of the extent of the issue, and is really working at solving it? I agree there is no serious troubleshooting that can be done on the customers' side, but it's getting frustrating just waiting.
Silver Problem Solver

I don't know you have to pm comcast joe to see what comcast is doing.  remember the app does not work on every android device.   have you also tried the new play now app for xfinity.  there is a seperate app for just streaming on demand.

Frequent Visitor

The play app does seem to work on my tablet, my problem is with the plain TV App, just trying to see the listings. I've sent an email to the address listed in the message at the app store, but the response is to use chat. Eventually I'll do that, but I sent an email because I figured they could research the issue and provide a useful response. I'm almost willing to put money on just getting frustrated with chat support not even knowing what I'm talking about. Oh well, ...... By the way - although I may try it, why should I have to PM someone to get an answer to a question that has been asked several times publicly (in the forum)? The note at the app store says they knew about the problem on Oct 4 and it would be fixed in a day. Over a week later, it's still not fixed, and nobody bothered to change or update the message. That's just not good customer service.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation