Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Infinity X1 Voice Remote

Regular Visitor

Infinity X1 Voice Remote

Everytime I have to exchange my Xfinity X1 DVR for a new refurbished model, the Xfinity Voice Remote that comes with the new DVR will not pair with my Sony Bravia Television.  I have tried all the codes provided for set-up, but none of them sync.  We have had to request a work order to have an Xfinity technician come to our home in response to the work order, to rectify the situation, so that we can utilize the Voice Remote.  Why can we not access the instructions and support of Xfinity via telephone or internet chat to do this?  There must be a special code that is used by the technicians that is not on the list of codes on the Instruction packet that comes with the exchange equipment!

I am very tech saavy, so if we could be provided with the correct code that is absent from the standard list of codes ... I could pair our Voice Remote myself and proceed with the enjoyment of the Xfinity equipment!  Instead of having to suffer these challenges as they are presently.  We pay a great deal of money monthly to have Xfinity services .... I really believe this process of equipment working appropriately and in a timely and less stressful manner would be an optimal goal.

Is there some way that a knowledgable Xfinity staff can help with this very simple project, in order that we can finally dance on the horizon of possibilities??  Thank you very much!  Emily Gray (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Service Expert

Re: Infinity X1 Voice Remote

Seryn702 wrote:

Everytime I have to exchange my Xfinity X1 DVR for a new refurbished model, the Xfinity Voice Remote that comes with the new DVR will not pair with my Sony Bravia Television.  I have tried all the codes provided for set-up, but none of them sync.  We have had to request a work order to have an Xfinity technician come to our home in response to the work order, to rectify the situation, so that we can utilize the Voice Remote.  Why can we not access the instructions and support of Xfinity via telephone or internet chat to do this?  There must be a special code that is used by the technicians that is not on the list of codes on the Instruction packet that comes with the exchange equipment!

I am very tech saavy, so if we could be provided with the correct code that is absent from the standard list of codes ... I could pair our Voice Remote myself and proceed with the enjoyment of the Xfinity equipment!  Instead of having to suffer these challenges as they are presently.  We pay a great deal of money monthly to have Xfinity services .... I really believe this process of equipment working appropriately and in a timely and less stressful manner would be an optimal goal.

Is there some way that a knowledgable Xfinity staff can help with this very simple project, in order that we can finally dance on the horizon of possibilities??  Thank you very much!  Emily Gray (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Do you have an X1 remote that does work with the TV? It is possible to 'read' the code out to write down and use as input to the new remote.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

There's no need to replace the remote every time. If you still have an XR11 remote that's paired to the tv, and you've replaced the dvr-
Press and hold setup, and enter 987. This wipes the pairing code to the box but leaves the tv and audio codes entact.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am wondering how a person as myself would be able to "read out" the code from my older previous Xfinity remote without Voice option and transfer to the new Xfinity remote with Voice capability. This is actually the first time I have heard of this process or option. Thank you very much for your patience and help!
Service Expert

Seryn702 wrote:
I am wondering how a person as myself would be able to "read out" the code from my older previous Xfinity remote without Voice option and transfer to the new Xfinity remote with Voice capability. This is actually the first time I have heard of this process or option. Thank you very much for your patience and help!

have a pen and paper available to record the 'flashes' in this method. press setup until 'green' LED, press 990 --- to read first number of the code press 1 and count the flashes. write down the number. (note 0 = no flashes). then press 2 and count the flashes (2nd digit). repeat for 1,2,3,4,5 when last code is read the remote will blink some times and return to normal function. 

example press 1 and 1 flash first digit -= 1

press 2 and no flashes number is 0

etc. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation