Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Incorrect Channel Lineups Everywhere

Contributor

Incorrect Channel Lineups Everywhere

For Gods sake what is wrong with you Comcast. Why do your tech support agents and cablecard agents NOT HAVE correct channel lineups from A-Z within each service area? Refusing to acknowledge an issue as your issue not TiVo's has again wasted my time. To think that one must call corporate to truly show how incompetent your front line is. 

There is no reason there are like three different lineups for any given area. My account logged in "view channel lineup" so wrong all over, the lineup Comcast sees when you call them and swears is factual and is not correct at all, and the lineup I receive which is correct with only 1 new exception with NEW lineup change. And Comcast claims my actual lineup at home is incorrect. They had me run guided setup and press "I don't know" for channel lineup and insisted that was my lineup. Mostly all incorrect on my end, but correct to them. And the real lineup (my location) with 1 discrepancy cannot be the correct lineup to those at Comcast. They then want to Contact TiVo for their own problem. 

I am only attempting to report a channel not coming in at all, and mislabled as HD!

Somebody best get this right...EVERYWHERE! Enough of this BS. I spent 6 mos trying to correct an errant lineup with no success. Then I went to the FCC, Comcast Corporate got the job done after requiring proof of my actual lineup received in my home. I am sick and tired of fighting with you people. Get this issue corrected with your lineup differences for everyone! 

Netgear C7000-100NAS/Netgear EX7300-100NAS/(2) Linksys RE6700/1-VoIP/TiVo Bolt+/(2) TiVo Mini VOX
Regular Contributor

Re: Incorrect Channel Lineups Everywhere

There's talk on TCF that if you contact TVGuide that they can get the TiVo lineups fixed.  They use the same data.

Also, sometimes just using a different Zip Code during Guided Setup can give you a better lineup.  Check TVGuide to determine which Zip might be best.

-KP

Contributor

The issue is Comcast, I have no issue with TiVo's lineup. The channel 1009 is not being received, only mislabeled as HD on TiVo's part. The mislable I can bet is Comcast's fault as the station is black!.Ch 20 is the old channel and moved to 1009...it is the only issue with my Bolt+ and NEW Lineup.

Netgear C7000-100NAS/Netgear EX7300-100NAS/(2) Linksys RE6700/1-VoIP/TiVo Bolt+/(2) TiVo Mini VOX
Regular Contributor

Sounds like you got it all under control. 

You probably shouldn't try anything else, then.

-KP

Admin1

Hi Mark34431 -- I reviewed your FCC case along with your recent contact with our Executive Customer Relations Team. The information you've shared that this is a Comcast issue is not correct. Per your FCC case and contact with Executive Customer Relations, it was found that this guide and channel issue was a TiVo and TV related problem. Executive Customer Relations directed you to TiVo support, who was able to resolve this issue, for any further support should this happen again. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation