Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

If I'm able to login to a channel's website through my cable tv provider, Xfinity, why can't I through Roku?

New Poster

If I'm able to login to a channel's website through my cable tv provider, Xfinity, why can't I through Roku?

This is what I don't understand:

1.     If I'm able to login to a channel's website through mycable tv provider, Xfinity, why can't I do the same through Roku?
  2.     Why am I able to watch a show on the channel's website, though I'm required to login through my cable tv provider, Xfinity, but I can't watch the same show through Xfinity OnDemand?

The only reason I bought the Roku device is because some apps are no longer supported on my aging television.  Since I got the Roku, however, I much prefer it verus streaming via my laptop.  

And since OnDemand is so often problematic (errors, crashes, not available), I greatly prefer Roku.   I wouldn't be complaining if I once wasn't able to watch the same shows through Roku that I'm unable to watch today through Roku.

What is the deal?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation