Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

IE11: Slight chop/stutter; Firefox: Error 422

Frequent Visitor

IE11: Slight chop/stutter; Firefox: Error 422

My XFINITY TV Go "Watch Online" situation is this:

IE11: Choppy/stutter on streaming audio/video.  Watchable for the most part as long as I don't increase zoom in browser much past 100% or maximize to full screen (which would be nice).  I have no problem streaming HD video perfectly on virtually any other website.  I also do some fairly GPU intensive video editing on this machine without a hitch.

Firefox: Error 422; can't play anything.  Again, no problem streaming HD video on other websites.

Firefox is my default browser, is a very recent install, and I would prefer to never use IE.  I have a fast/clean running system: Windows 7 64-bit, 8GB RAM, dedicated GPU, i7 processor, SSD, fast internet connection (70-90 Mbps on average) on a wireless-AC router, which can support much more than available bandwidth, but have also tested w/ LAN cable connected to my docsis 3 modem...same result.  No malware, no unnecessary services or background processes running, and yes... I clean cache regularly via ccleaner, etc.

I have the latest versions of java and flash for both browsers.  I have tried disabling anti-virus (MS Security Essentials/Defender, which I have never known to conflict with anything), and also tried disabling any plug-ins.  Result is exactly the same.

I have also tried allowing looser privacy/security settings in Firefox, which thankfully wasn't the issue (tight security/privacy settings have never helped or hurt in IE).

I'm hoping someone can reply with anything that may have worked for them that I haven't already mentioned above, for either the Firefox or IE11 issues.   But given my system and everything I've tried, I really think there must be something wrong with the Xfinity video player codec/compression... at least for the IE11 issue.

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Re: IE11: Slight chop/stutter; Firefox: Error 422

p.s. forgot to mention, I have also confgured all of my PC and video card settings for high performance.

Frequent Visitor

Does comcast technical support actually check this forum, or is support strictly community based?

New Poster

Did you ever get a solution? I am in southern Delaware, new to Comcast and pretty disgusted. Having the same problem -- no problem streaming Amazon, Roku, etc., but cannot watch Comcast shows online in full screen without both video and audio stuttering. Can't get the cable box to send a video signal through my AV receiver either, which is REALLY annoying. Online support is worse than useless and the website in general seems designed to discourage customers.

Frequent Visitor

No resolution.
Firefox plays now for some reason, but crashes if i try to skip around at all, and is still choppy if i go full screen.
IE11 is the same now as it was in my first post.

For the $$ we pay for this service, there is no excuse for not providing better support for online streaming.
I am in the process of researching alternatives for TV/internet.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation