Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I cannot schedule remote recordings

Regular Visitor

I cannot schedule remote recordings

Using the iPad app, I can change channels on the dvr box, but I do not have the option to record a show.  My box is a Motorola RNG200N.  I have unplugged it and plugged it back in.  I have the DVR selected (not just a TV) and it never gives me the option to record a show.  When I try to do so via my pc (through both explorer and chrome) the "syncing dvr" page just hangs forever.

I tried to call customer support but I just got tossed around to other departments until I was simply hung up on (twice).

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: I cannot schedule remote recordings

add1053 wrote:

Using the iPad app, I can change channels on the dvr box, but I do not have the option to record a show.  My box is a Motorola RNG200N.  I have unplugged it and plugged it back in.  I have the DVR selected (not just a TV) and it never gives me the option to record a show.  When I try to do so via my pc (through both explorer and chrome) the "syncing dvr" page just hangs forever.

I tried to call customer support but I just got tossed around to other departments until I was simply hung up on (twice).

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No one has contacted me yet.

New Poster

I have the same setup and cannot record and view scheduled recording. Tried everything as stated but nothing works.

Please provide some assistance - thanks
New Poster

I'm in the same boat.  The app was working until I moved last week.  I have a different TV now but I have the exact same DVR box.  When I hit test, it shows up on the TV screen.  I can change channels with both the iPad and iPhone app, but I cannot record.  GRRRR. I deleted the app on my iPad and reinstalled it.  Still nothing.

New Poster

Same issue - did you get yours resolved, and if so can you share how? Thanks!
New Poster

No resolution - no reply - not sure anyone from Comcast even listens to this forum!

I even sent in an email - same garbage reply, regardless that I told them I tried everything outlined throughout this forum and a few others in detail.  They simply replied telling me to try everything again, in so many words!

What I pathetic support system to their iPad app.  

Come on Comcast - How about a little support here!

Thanks

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation