Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I can watch TV shows with my Xfinity to Go App but

Contributor

I can watch TV shows with my Xfinity to Go App but

Cannot find the Download option to load the show on my Tablet for viewing away from my Wifi.Assistance appreciated

Problem Solver

Re: I can watch TV shows with my Xfinity to Go App but

Not every show is downloadable on the TV Go App.  To see the TV shows that are available for download, from the menu choose "TV Series". Then click "Filters" in the upper left part of the screen, and choose "Available for Download" on the Filters popup, then click "Apply". Now you should see a list of TV shows that can be downloaded.

Contributor

Thank You so much for this answer. I will follow the steps later when I fire-up my Tablet.

Contributor

Follow up question. I was able to follow instructions Applied Some Filters (maybe too many?) and actually DL'd 2 shows.

But in the Primary Filter I used (Shows Available for Download) I do not find ANY shows on the "major" non-premium networks. Looking for shows like Blue Bloods, Good Wife, Scream queens, Blacklist but none of them came up as Available to Download.

Did I do something wrong or is that typical (mostly Premium channel shows or those too far out for me)? Looking for Episodes of NBC/ABC/CBS shows to Download and watch away from my WiFi.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Problem Solver

You didn't do anything wrong.  The major over-the-air networks (ABC, CBS, etc) don't want you to be able to download their shows. Why, I do not know, but that is the nature of the beast.

Do you have an X1 DVR in your house?  Are you in a X1 Cloud DVR market? If so to both, then you could use the Xfinity TV app to record and download those major over-the-air networks shows to your device.

Contributor

HowAboutthisOne...ditto on the thanks. I am not an X1 guy (I'm way too technically inept).

A follow-up on my follow-up question: on my Android Tab I previously Downloaded the Watch ABC Watch CBS and Watch NBC freestanding Apps.

Will those "proprietary" Network Apps (and I'd especially want to DL a Watch FX App too) give me the Download/Save for Viewing Away from WiFi option?

Put this on my Tab (and Thanks)!

Problem Solver

Sorry, but I don't use any of those freestanding apps, so I don't have knowledge of their use.  I did just look at the Watch ABC app @ the Google Play store and it seemed like it didn't have a download option.  I could be wrong though.  Maybe someone who has used those apps might be better at answering your question.  Good luck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation