Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I can't watch anything online HELP!!!!

New Poster

I can't watch anything online HELP!!!!

This morning I was able to watch everything on my watch list and limited channels on line. Tonight everything i was able to watch ex. Fox News, Nat Geo shows me an orange key and tells me to subscribe??

New Poster

Re: I can't watch anything online HELP!!!!

I'm having the same problem right now. It's happened to me multiple times before too. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it is very annoying especially with the fact that it's how I'm able to watch TV at work. What gives Comcast?!!

New Poster

I am having the same issue as well. Chatted with xfinity support last night, and they "reset" my database, but this morning it is still not working in any capacity. It says I need subscriptions to Fox, ABC etc (which I have) and will only play certain channels.

New Poster

Yeah, that's exactly what's going on with me. I haven't called them because last time it righted itself on its own I guess. Maybe the system is down for some odd reason?

New Poster

I am also having this issue all of a sudden and there seems to be no real cure/fix

New Poster

I can't either and the system deleted the movies and my entire history off my ipad xfinity to go app....  nobody in the united states of india has any idea what is going on.

New Poster

Been having same issue since yesterday.  At first no channels whatsoever worked.  Got on a chat with Comcast employee who clearly had no idea what he/she was talking about.  Ended up getting transferred to 2 more people who also knew nothing.  In the midst of all that a few channels magically started working without anyone from Comcast actually doing anything to help.  I can now view ESPN channels, NBC Sports, Fox News and a few others through Xfinity site.  But other channels on that site (CNN, Fox Sports 1) say I don't have a subscription for those channels which is obviously ridiculous.  And while some channels work through the Xfinity site those same channels do not work through partner websites.  I can't watch anything on WatchESPN.com or NBCSports.com because it says I don't have appropriate subscription.  Again, ridiculous.  And there are things available through those partner sites which are NOT available at all through the Xfinity site.  It's a complete mess, nobody on the worthless chat knew how to do a thing about it and obviously other people are having the same problem and Comcast won't even acknowledge it much less fix it.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I've been on the phone and or live chat all day.  I think if you work for a company you should know what I am talking about when I say the following key words and phrases: "Orange Key" "Xfinity TV to go APP" "Showtime" "Cannot watch".  Not one person had a clue what I was saying, asking questions that were not related to the issue.  This is my 4th hour on live chat  (using my phone for chat)  and still NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIOS is looking REALLY GOOD right now!!!! 

New Poster

Mine is OKAY now. Call and tell them you have a problem with your cable service. 

Regular Contributor

This problem has been coming and going for a number of months, some people have reported that when this happens it sometimes corrects itself within a day or two.

If the problem continues for more than a day or two some people have reported that they've had good luck calling the Application Department 877-599-1845, other people have also reported that some people at that number are helpful while others are not so you may need to call more than once to get someone experienced.

You're not the first person to mention problems of that nature with Comcast customer service, many people (myself included) have called and had many a representative has said "Streaming service, what's that?".

- Norm

Frequent Visitor

Mine has been doing this here and there for a few weeks now.  I use the online service during my lunch hour, so when it doesn't work, I have no other option.  They really need to fix their system or list a notification stating the issue and that they're working on, etc.

I've been trying to finish a season of a show prior to it's expiration in 4 days now.  Very frustrating to say the least.  First, why does a show have to expire.  Second, when I can't catch up and I see the expiration getting closer, I find this unexceptable.  I've watched 1/2 the episode in the AM, then it requires a subscription in the afternoon.  Ridiculous, to be paying a boatload of money for this crappy service.

It has me on the verge of switching to DirecTV.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 9 in conversation