Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to select an HD channel from the online listings when it defaults to standard TV

New Poster

How to select an HD channel from the online listings when it defaults to standard TV

I want to setup a recording from the TV listings online for a program that is both non-HD and HD (700 series)but it defaults to the non-HD. Can't seem to change it other than at the DVR itself. Any ideas?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: How to select an HD channel from the online listings when it defaults to standard

dre23456 wrote:

I want to setup a recording from the TV listings online for a program that is both non-HD and HD (700 series)but it defaults to the non-HD. Can't seem to change it other than at the DVR itself. Any ideas?

If you set the recording through the HD channel itself, it should record in HD. You are saying that you are recording a show on the HD channel and it is recording in non-HD?

Try these steps and let me know if they work:

1. Search for a show in our search bar.
  2. Once you are on the show's page, click the "TV Listings" link near the middle of the page.
  3. Find an episode that you want to record and click the record button on the right hand side of the page.
  4. A pop-up box will appear. Click "Show Settings" and more options will drop down.
  5. Choose the HD version of the show.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation