Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to remove a device from TV Go - Even Comcast Tech Support didn't know

Regular Visitor

How to remove a device from TV Go - Even Comcast Tech Support didn't know

I had reached the limit of 3 mobile devices on TV Go, and one of the devices was no longer in my possession, so I had to remove it via Comcast.net.  After logging in and going to device.comcast.net/devices nothing showed up to enable me to remove a device.  Everything I searched and reach said there should be some way to do it.  

So I called Comcast Tech Support.  What folly.  After 20 minutes on the phone, the first tech gave up and said there would be a call back from a "higher level".  There was a call back from a woman in the Philippiines who only knew about email, so after 15 minutes of being on hold and trying to convince her that I had not called about email, she shifted me to another person who was just as lost.  Another 20 minutes wasted.

I finallly found the simple answer in one of the forums:   I had to log in under the principle users account which in my case was my wife's login.  Once I logged in under her account, the little boxes labeled "Remove" showed up and hopefully worked.  

So over an hour and a half of wasted time because no one thought to ask me if I was logged in under the correct account.  Nor is that information available in the Comcast instructions.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation