Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to access TV listings and schedule recordings on X1 DVR from a computer

Frequent Visitor

How to access TV listings and schedule recordings on X1 DVR from a computer

Comcast made a change to the Xfinity web site a few weeks ago and since then I am unable to find the page that displays the TV schedule grid with channels on the left side, times across the top, buttons to filter for HD and Sports. There I could click on a program and schedule it to be recorded by my DVR. Now when I click on the TV icon at the website it asks me to activate the device and give it a name. I think it thinks I want to WATCH TV on that computer. I don't want to WATCH TV on that computer. I just want to find and schedule programs to record.

I am posting this here because Comcast makes it SO difficult to get help if you click Support on the website. Very frustrating. Makes me want to revive the "Comcast Must Die!!" web site.

Thanks,

Don

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: How to access TV listings and schedule recordings on X1 DVR from a computer

donander1 wrote:

Comcast made a change to the Xfinity web site a few weeks ago and since then I am unable to find the page that displays the TV schedule grid with channels on the left side, times across the top, buttons to filter for HD and Sports. There I could click on a program and schedule it to be recorded by my DVR. Now when I click on the TV icon at the website it asks me to activate the device and give it a name. I think it thinks I want to WATCH TV on that computer. I don't want to WATCH TV on that computer. I just want to find and schedule programs to record.

I am posting this here because Comcast makes it SO difficult to get help if you click Support on the website. Very frustrating. Makes me want to revive the "Comcast Must Die!!" web site.

Thanks,

Don

Comcast replaced the website a few weeks ago. Most of the great features of the old one are gone. To control your dvr, the new site requires x1 service with cloud storage enabled on you account. If you don't have both x1 and cloud storage, the xfinity tv remote app and your hand held remote are the only ways to control your dvr. Yes, the new site is geared towards watching on your pc.

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See most complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation