Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How to Resolve Truncated Cloud DVR Recordings

Contributor

How to Resolve Truncated Cloud DVR Recordings

Seeing as this thread - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Consistent-skips-in-recordings-watched-on-website-or... - and others related to it were marked solved, here's another thread to explain how we will actually see a resolution to the problem (it's probably not going to happen by posting here).

For me, the issue went away for a few days after an "update" but has started occurring again since 1/30/17.

If all of you want to see this problem fixed, tier 3 support has suggested you call and work with them directly as these are the people working on the fix.

Prior to calling, I suggest you take notes of 3 shows where recordings are truncated the most; this will save both you and Comcast time.

<Edited for violating forum guidelines>

Contributor

Re: How to Resolve Truncated Cloud DVR Recordings

Exactly which guideline did I violate?

Closest thing to it I saw was:

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

• Your full name 
  • Your telephone number
  • Your Physical/Mailing Address
  • Email addresses
  • Credit Card numbers
  • Account numbers
  • Other personally identifiable information

The number I posted was not my own... It was to Comcast's own tier 3 support, and the tier 3 rep I spoke with recommended that people with this problem call the number I provided... 

Service Expert

Littlesender,

ComcastADMIN edited your post because you listed a Tier3 Support phone number.  Certain levels of Tiered Support do not advertise their numbers per Comcast Policies.  You posting the number violated the policy and your post was edited.  Luckily for you, your post wasn't removed from the forums and only edited at this time,

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

geek46 -

That has to be the stupidest thing ever!  As someone experiencing the problem littlesender is leading the charge on, I find it ludicrous that you (or some forum moderator) would delete the phone number that folks have been requested to use to get the problem resolved, even after said phone number was requested by Tier 3 to be shared.  Ridiculous!

Contributor

Agreed and to suggest I "advertised" the number is also dead wrong.  The overwhelming majority of people accessing this thread would be those experiencing this particular problem (and I suppose admin/mods)... The number was provided in a good faith attempt to provide help (because we aren't getting any here).

I also asked "Exactly which guideline did I violate?"

I was hoping for a word-for-word response per the guidelines/policies and only received your summary of it.

Comcast cares, y'all.

Service Expert