Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How the heck do I ***easily*** find a channel?

Frequent Visitor

How the heck do I ***easily*** find a channel?

Isn't there any way to just type in the number or name of the channel you want to go to??

The only way I can get to a channel is to scroll through page after page after page of listings.  If I try to narrow down the selection by choosing network or genre or whatever, I STILL have to scroll through page after page to find the specific channel I want.

"Recent Channels" doesn't include all of the channels I've recently watched, nor does "Recently Watched."  If I click on "All Listings,"  I get hundreds of channels I do not watch or subscribe to.

The search box is no help.  If I type in REELZ, for example, all it shows me is one special they had on David Bowie.  But there is no indication of how to just get to the channel without endless scrolling! 

It shouldn't be this hard.

Official Employee

Re: How the heck do I ***easily*** find a channel?

etherize wrote:

Isn't there any way to just type in the number or name of the channel you want to go to??

The only way I can get to a channel is to scroll through page after page after page of listings.  If I try to narrow down the selection by choosing network or genre or whatever, I STILL have to scroll through page after page to find the specific channel I want.

"Recent Channels" doesn't include all of the channels I've recently watched, nor does "Recently Watched."  If I click on "All Listings,"  I get hundreds of channels I do not watch or subscribe to.

The search box is no help.  If I type in REELZ, for example, all it shows me is one special they had on David Bowie.  But there is no indication of how to just get to the channel without endless scrolling! 

It shouldn't be this hard.

You should be able to use the search box to quickly find a specific channel.  I searched for "REELZ" and the first item is a "Channel Collection". Upon clicking that, I see the SD and HD versions of the channel along with a text indicator for what is airing on them now.

We are adding a "Favorite Channels" feature in an upcoming release which should make this all a lot easier.  "Recent Channels" are specific to the device you are using but should include all channels you've watched from that device.  We will also be adding a "Find" feature within Live TV like what is available in the XFINITY TV app for iOS devices.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

You should be able to use the search box to quickly find a specific channel.  I searched for "REELZ" and the first item is a "Channel Collection". Upon clicking that, I see the SD and HD versions of the channel along with a text indicator for what is airing on them now. >>

<< Thanks, that helps, but it's not all that quick or simple.  First, typing in a channel into the search box, then clicking on one of the two options (in this particular case), then scrolliing down a long list.  If REELZ was included in my "recently watched channels," (since I have recently watched it, it would be easier, but it's not there.

<< We are adding a "Favorite Channels" feature in an upcoming release which should make this all a lot easier.  "Recent Channels" are specific to the device you are using but should include all channels you've watched from that device.  We will also be adding a "Find" feature within Live TV like what is available in the XFINITY TV app for iOS devices.>>

Yeah, unfortunately the recent channels thumbnail page (that shows after I click "For You") doesn't show all the channels I've watched -- so I have to click on "View All" next to Recent Channels, whereupon I get a really long list that includes dozens of channels I have never watched, and have to dig through all of those to find it.

I hope the Favorite Channels option helps.  Seems like kind of a basic thing.  Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation