Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How many series can X1 hold

New Poster

How many series can X1 hold

I have both DIRECTV and Comcast and I am thinking of fully changing to Comcast. My question is my DIRECTV saves up to 100 different series that I put in for the whole year. Yes it's a lot but I'm on disability and have ptsd and don't get out much. I've also gotten tired of writing down these series to save for the time they come around so I let them ad up and get rid of them as they are canceled or I get bored with them. With that being said how many does the x1 hold? I've also been seeing people say that the x1 doesn't hold many saved shows either. On my DIRECTV dvr I can have 40 1hr shows saved and it still shows over 65% available space. So...I have a current box that lets me have up to 100 different series saved, I can record 5 channels at once, and it seems it holds a lot. Will I get the same if I upgrade to the best Comcast dvr X1 or will I have to get 2 dvr's?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How many series can X1 hold

I am not aware of any limits on the number of series. However X1 DVRs offer roughly 60 hours of HD recording time and the only way to increase that is to rent additional X1 DVRs.

I suggest that you consider your options carefully. Most people who have had both prefer DirecTV. They offer better picture quality and in comparison the X1 DVR lacks some basic features.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation