Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I rewind on demand when streaming through the browser?

New Poster

How do I rewind on demand when streaming through the browser?

It appears that the rewind functionality has been turned off, not just the fast foward. This is super ultra frustrating as sometimes I get interrupted and want to rewind back to hear what was said. So I have to rewatch the whole show just to listen to a single line or see something I missed?

New Poster

Re: How do I rewind on demand when streaming through the browser?

No response? Nobody knows? ?!

Problem Solver

You have a valid complaint here.

I would assume that they are most likely working on the programing of this app.

They had the same problem on the "Ultra HD Sampler" app for Samsung UHD televisions. Not related to app you are using. They just fixed that app in the last month. The coding for your app would be somewhat similar for fixing the app.

I would hope some Comcast employee on the forum would update you on this problem.

New Poster

The "app" I'm using is Chrome on my computer. I am streaming through their xfinity TV site. They broke the rewind feature. It's annoying as ... well I can't say what it's annoying as because apparently this site is run by puritanical Christians who think bad words exist.

New Poster

I just started using this today and I am having the same issue. I know they have FFW unavailable but rewind? I have been watching the same show for 2 hours because i have to keep starting it over. My cable is out and I have to watch my shows online (my cable has not been working for a month and counting now) and I cant rewind???? UUGGGHHH

Contributor

This is annoying as H E L L!!!!!  Will somebody pay attention and resolve this?!?!?!?

Contributor

Same issue here. A pause, rewind and fast forward is desperately needed.
Bronze Problem Solver

OG_PVP wrote:
Same issue here. A pause, rewind and fast forward is desperately needed.

The ability to go back is not available on some shows. Some shows won't allow jump back at all, others will allow jump back if it's not the most recent episode. Tried Family Guy, most recent can't jump back, but previous episode can jump back. Yet the show The Good Place won't allow jump back on any episode I tried. Still very inconvenient

Bronze Problem Solver

sephethus wrote:

It appears that the rewind functionality has been turned off, not just the fast foward. This is super ultra frustrating as sometimes I get interrupted and want to rewind back to hear what was said. So I have to rewatch the whole show just to listen to a single line or see something I missed?

Rewind is disabled on some shows now Yes frustrating and stupid.

See post here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Bronze Problem Solver

Deleted
New Poster

sephethus wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Clicking the "help" icon shows controls for skipping backward or forward etc but they do nothing.

I am NOT happy with the new format for watching xfinity content online.

New Poster

I am extremely frustrated as well.  Watching, but get interrupted and I can't jump back 10 or 15 seconds to hear what I missed, let alone being able to jump back to a specific spod I would like to see again.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Tried to "thumbs-up" the first message in this thread.

New Poster

Try using the arrow keys
New Poster

Try using the arrow keys, it worked for me
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 10 in conversation