Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I connect my Smart TV to my In-Home WiFi Network to access Xfinity Stream on the TV?

Frequent Visitor

How do I connect my Smart TV to my In-Home WiFi Network to access Xfinity Stream on the TV?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Problem Solver

Re: How do I connect my Smart TV to my In-Home WiFi Network to access Xfinity Stream on the TV?

Your smart tv should have come with a manual, or have one built in.

Follow your set-up procedure found on your tv's menu. It will require information such as your zip code, local cable provider, finding your network on list of closest networks found, and your password. Make sure your WiFi router is located close to your television so your network picks it up.

Also; check your menu and make sure your television gets updated to latest version for your tv.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I connect my Smart TV to my In-Home WiFi Network to access Xfinity Stream on the TV?

Apparently I am doing something wrong. I have connected to the TV wirelessly and also connected a wired ethernet cable from the Xfinity modem to the TV. I followed the network setup for both ways. Neither way do I see any internet access going to the TV to access Xfinity Stream. My PC that is in another room has no problems with the Xfinity wireless internet. With the PC, I can watch Xfinity Stream but would prefer to watch it on the TV. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Problem Solver

Did your television see your WiFi name? If not the WiFi router is not close enough for an adequate signal. I would use your Smart TV apps to download "You Tube". Use the TV remote. You should be able to get You Tube to work on the tv.

You should also be able to check for updates for the tv. Let us know if this works.

As for the X1 Cable-box, it should be connected to your television with a HDMI cable in HDMI 1 port on tv. The cable-box needs to be connected, turned on and allowed to down-load to the tv for regular cable service. Is the cable-box authorized and working for regular cable? For the app to work the cable-box needs to be working. It checks your account for proper authorization before allowing the app to work.

As you can see from complaints getting the Comcast app to work can be troublesome.

Official Employee

PCTim wrote:

Apparently I am doing something wrong. I have connected to the TV wirelessly and also connected a wired ethernet cable from the Xfinity modem to the TV. I followed the network setup for both ways. Neither way do I see any internet access going to the TV to access Xfinity Stream. My PC that is in another room has no problems with the Xfinity wireless internet. With the PC, I can watch Xfinity Stream but would prefer to watch it on the TV. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

You will not be able to use the tv.xfinity.com website via your TV's built in browser - they don't typically support Flash and other standards needed for the Stream portal.  If your smart TV has built in Roku, you can download/install the Stream Roku app via Roku's website (search for "XFINITY").

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

My TV does not have built in Roku. Can't I purchase and add on a Roku Player/Stick to address the issue?

Official Employee

PCTim, yep you sure can!

Let us know if you need any other support. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoeTru, I think I will go the ruko route. I only need for my main TV. It looks as if the Roku Premiere will serve me the best. What do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

Official Employee

That model sounds great. Check out our posted FAQ's here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-on-roku-faqs/ and let me know if you have further questions.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation