Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How can I watch premium channel tv shows on surface pro 2 ?

Regular Visitor

How can I watch premium channel tv shows on surface pro 2 ?

I can no longer get shows like Game of Thrones or Outlander to play on my Surface Pro 2 OS 8.1.  They were playing up to a few weeks ago and now the "new xfinity experience" screen just circles and never plays the episode.

Regular Visitor

Re: How can I watch premium channel tv shows on surface pro 2 ?

This was posted two days ago.  When will there be a response from Comcast?

Problem Solver

There was a new version of Flash Player 22 Active X (this version) to be down-loaded on 7/14/16.

Check you computer under the unistall list to see if you have this version. If you have it this might be the cause of the app failure to load.

Let us know since we don't know whether the cause is the need for the version, or the version caused the problem. I don't use the app.

Regular Visitor

I uninstalled the Flash update for 7/15/16 (not 22, but tried anyway) and the Premium channels still won't play on Surface Pro 2.  The Comcast rep said this device is not supported and that the reason it played HBO and Starz a few weeks ago was a glitch, but not amymore.  Sounds crazy.  I guess I have to watch those channels on the TV or phone. 

Problem Solver

Hello fd5,

I apologize for the misinformation you were provided. When the customer service representative stated that your device was not supported, they must have been referring to the Surface 1 and 2. These tablets run the operating system Windows RT. Since the Surface Pro 2 is running Windows 8.1 for PC, you should be able to access https://tv.xfinity.com/ on your internet browser. Please try to clear your cache and cookies, check your battery settings (this could cause your tablet to cut performance for longer battery life), and try a different browser if you have one available. I would also like to know if the portal allows you to watch any other programs, or if it is just the premium channels that are unavailable. If you are still experiencing issues please reach back out to me.

Regular Visitor

I cleared cookies / cache.  Battery is maximized and browser the same (IE).  But premium channel shows and regular shows will not play.  Any other suggestions?  i used the link you provided.  Very frustrating.

Problem Solver

I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns.

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Problem Solver

Are you now operating without Adobe Flash Player 22?

You might still need this version of Flash. It should be found on their site. According to your earlier replies the earlier version you had did not work.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation