Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Homeland downloads for Season 2

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Homeland downloads for Season 2

I've downloaded and watched season 1 of Homeland on my iPad no problem. None of the episodes for season 2 are available for Download, only Play. Why is this? I want to download them to watch offline.
Accepted Solution

Re: Homeland downloads for Season 2

Hi all,

Season 2 has been added back to the XFINITY TV Player App.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Sharana wrote:
I've downloaded and watched season 1 of Homeland on my iPad no problem. None of the episodes for season 2 are available for Download, only Play. Why is this? I want to download them to watch offline.

Thank you for alerting us about this issue. Our team is working on it now and I will update this thread when it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Any chance this may be addresses today so I can download them before my flight tomorrow? Keeping my fingers crossed.
Frequent Visitor

Additionally, if these episodes say they end 1/22/2013, do I only have until 1/22 to download/play them? Will they then be removed? Thanks.
Official Employee

Sharana wrote:
Additionally, if these episodes say they end 1/22/2013, do I only have until 1/22 to download/play them? Will they then be removed? Thanks.

Both seasons will continue to be available on Video On Demand and on the app after the listed expiration dates.  Episodes just have to be replaced at that time by Showtime in order to update the ads.  There shouldn't be any gap in availability.

We are still working on the download issue. I will update this thread when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

They were available as of yesterday the 16th hoped fix soon

Frequent Visitor

For me, the second season episodes were and are only available for PLAY and not Download. They were not available for me to Download on the 16th. I was hoping to download some for a flight tomorrow. :-(
Frequent Visitor

All the S2 episodes are gone what's going on?

Frequent Visitor

Just saw that. I was watching season 2 episode 5 last night. Still no download capability. Joe said there should not be a gap in the availability. Hopefully Showtime updates this season soon.
Frequent Visitor

Isn't a showtime issue is Comcast. Along with the fact they were supposed to be up for a couple more weeks, we can't use the sho anywhere app nor will Comcast allow us to stream them over a 4g connection I have from my cell provider to my ipad. Ridiculous I'm penalizehave I my choice not to have Verizon as a cell provider.

Frequent Visitor

My iPhone app has all of season and episode 6 only of season 2. The same app on my ipad has season 1 and 8 episodes of season 2. It's missing some. Not sure why the same app on different devices are different. ????? Definitely a Comcast thing.
Official Employee

Hi all,

Season 2 has been added back to the XFINITY TV Player App.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

What about Season 1?  It was available for download as well.  It says you can download but only gives the option to play.

Official Employee

kam426 wrote:

What about Season 1?  It was available for download as well.  It says you can download but only gives the option to play.

If the video expires within 7 days, the download option is not available.

As for Season 1, after these episodes expire on 1/29/13, Showtime will update the videos and re-release them on the app. The turn around time should not be long if there is any at all.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Season 1 - Online and On Demand: Like Season 2, will Season 1 beome availabe again for Online and On Demand viewing? I read you comment that they will be updated and replaced before or at the time they're set to expire to apply to the Xfinity TV app. I know this forum is for the app but I can't find one for only Online and On Demand. You provide the best infomation. Thanks

Official Employee

LaEa wrote:

Season 1 - Online and On Demand: Like Season 2, will Season 1 beome availabe again for Online and On Demand viewing? I read you comment that they will be updated and replaced before or at the time they're set to expire to apply to the Xfinity TV app. I know this forum is for the app but I can't find one for only Online and On Demand. You provide the best infomation. Thanks

Yes, this pertains to all platforms.

For future reference:

XFINITYTV Website board

XFINITY.com Website board

Video On Demand board

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

"If the video expires within 7 days, the download option is not available.

As for Season 1, after these episodes expire on 1/29/13, Showtime will update the videos and re-release them on the app. The turn around time should not be long if there is any at all."

This makes no sense at all!  These downloads can be set to expire on 1/29 WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO!  I've had that happen to me already  I downloaded a bunch of stuff, didn't get to watch it in time, and after the expiration date, THEY DISAPPEARED OFF MY DEVICE.

There is no reason to block downloads 7 days prior to some arbitrary date, just to renew authorization again the next day.  It just creates hurdles for paying customers, and frustrates us.  No wonder so many turn to "alternative" means to obtain content.  I know this download service is new, but I just recently subscribed to Showtime FOR this service.  Now the show I want to watch won't be available to me for 7 days?  Totaly useless.

Frequent Visitor

Season 2 episode 12 is wrong. It is the wrong episode. I wasted time downloading it only to find out it was a previous episode. My DVR on demand is correct. Now I have watched both seasons and don't have to rely on this unreliable APP anymore. Not sure who to blame but it is an Xfinity App and I pay Xfinity mucho dinero every month. ??????? Stop passing the buck and take some responsibility! Think I'm done with this thread now. :-). Good luck to everyone else.
Official Employee

Sharana wrote:
Season 2 episode 12 is wrong. It is the wrong episode. I wasted time downloading it only to find out it was a previous episode. My DVR on demand is correct. Now I have watched both seasons and don't have to rely on this unreliable APP anymore. Not sure who to blame but it is an Xfinity App and I pay Xfinity mucho dinero every month. ??????? Stop passing the buck and take some responsibility! Think I'm done with this thread now. :-). Good luck to everyone else.

We were aware of this issue but it is now fixed. Please try again and let me know if you are still seeing this issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

It appears as though this problem has occurred again.  The season 2 episodes are available to play but not download.  Can this be fixed?

New Poster

I was about to watch the last episode of Homeland Season 2 and they are no loner available. Does anyone know why? I was able to watch an episode last night.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation