Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help with my TV?

New Poster

Help with my TV?

Hi, I have a 2008 Trutech TV that I am trying to hook my cable box up to.

I have the TV & Internet - Limited Basic 30+ Channels - Performance Internet plan.
I have connected the Internet and it works fine. The TV, however, does not. I cannot get a signal. I just need it for basic local channels, but it isnt giving me anything. I believe, possibly, that it is because my TV is older and only has an ANTENNA input for the coax cable. That's all it says. Do I need something else in order to connect my TV to my service?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Help with my TV?

What cablebox do you have? Is it connected to an active jack? Is the TV on channel 3? Does the box work on any other TV?

New Poster

Hi, I figured it might be easier to just take pictures of my setup.

My TV is on channel 3 - I took a picture of what I am seeing on the screen and included it here.

I don't have another TV to try it on. 

Thanks!

IMG_6641.JPG.jpeg
IMG_6642.JPG.jpeg
IMG_6643.JPG.jpeg
IMG_6644.JPG.jpeg
Silver Problem Solver

New Poster

I think so? It says X1 TV Connected. See attached photo. Is there something I have to do with the actual cable box? The Internet router is already set up - not sure if everything was activated back when I set the Internet up in May.

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.26.43 PM.png
Silver Problem Solver

That screen shows the box is connected. Try Activating the box.That Ref code may mean the cable jack is not active, are you sure it works?

Official Employee

With the Comcast remote go to a different channel 2,3 etc. and see if you get the same message. As Barbie suggested, are you sure it's a live cable signal?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

When I go to the activation website, it only gives me the option to reinstall the entire service at my address. Is there a way to just activate the box separately? I am using a splitter - splitting one way to the internet modem/router (working fine) and the other way to the cable box, which is then connected to the TV.

Silver Problem Solver

That should work. Call with the serial number to activate. Sometimes the website does not show the device. 

New Poster

The TV is on Channel 3. I got the remote to connect, however it only changes the volume and turns the TV on and off - it wont change the channel. When I change the channel manually on the TV, it goes off of the error screen and just says No Signal.

Silver Problem Solver

You will have to program the remote to change the channel on the cablebox. Instructions here:https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/programming-your-xfinity-remote/

The TV MUST stay on channel 3.

New Poster

I was able to program the remote using one of the codes that Xfinity suggested, but it only changes the volume and turns the TV on/off. It doesnt let me change the channel at all.

The TV is on Channel 3.

Silver Problem Solver

Keep trying until you find a code that changes channel too. Write it down when you find it.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation