Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help with (Error 525|6003).

New Poster

Help with (Error 525|6003).

I have tried for days now to fix this error.  No matter what movie/show I watch, I end up with the same result. It goes through the process of obtaining authorization and starting playback, then I get the message: We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 525|6003).

I have silverlight, and updated, which used to work just fine until recently. I have gone through EVERY troubleshooting technique there is. (uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting cookies, using a different browser, restarting computer, turning off firewall, installing manually, deleting it in the hardrive, etc etc etc) I have spoken to someone on customer chat, who told me that it was a website issue and that it would be fixed within 24 hours. They said this three days ago.

I'm very frustraited as I do not want to pay for something that won't even work.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Help with (Error 525|6003).

Hello,

Can you tell us what exactly have you tried to fix the problem so that we don't have to repeat and waist our time?

Have you called comcast in regards to this error and if so what have they told you to try and did it work?

Have you tried searching the forum to see if any one had the same problem and if any solutions have been posted?Have you looked at this link to see if this might work? http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/DRM-Support-Enabled-Error-code-525-6003/m-p/1394953#M...

Official Employee

Re: Help with (Error 525|6003).

gracekatt wrote:

I have tried for days now to fix this error.  No matter what movie/show I watch, I end up with the same result. It goes through the process of obtaining authorization and starting playback, then I get the message: We notice you do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (Error 525|6003).

I have silverlight, and updated, which used to work just fine until recently. I have gone through EVERY troubleshooting technique there is. (uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting cookies, using a different browser, restarting computer, turning off firewall, installing manually, deleting it in the hardrive, etc etc etc) I have spoken to someone on customer chat, who told me that it was a website issue and that it would be fixed within 24 hours. They said this three days ago.

I'm very frustraited as I do not want to pay for something that won't even work.

Go to the paths below and delete the mspr.hds file and then try playing a video again:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds
or
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady\mspr.hds

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation