Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help streaming the Olympics!

New Poster

Help streaming the Olympics!

Hello,

In order to stream the Olympics online, I upgraded our internet only account to include the "Basic Video" TV plan. However, when I visit the stream nbc olympics website and attempt to play the video feed it gives me an error message. After I enter our cable provider "Xfinity" it loads for a while and then says, "We're Sorry. This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV Provider to subscribe."

But of course I am subscribed, and logged into our comcast account. I called customer service, and after almost an hour on the phone, they told me just to wait and see if it starts working later....

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

Problem Solver

Re: Help streaming the Olympics!

Tcsomega wrote:

Hello,

In order to stream the Olympics online, I upgraded our internet only account to include the "Basic Video" TV plan. However, when I visit the stream nbc olympics website and attempt to play the video feed it gives me an error message. After I enter our cable provider "Xfinity" it loads for a while and then says, "We're Sorry. This network is not included in your current television subscription. Please contact your TV Provider to subscribe."

But of course I am subscribed, and logged into our comcast account. I called customer service, and after almost an hour on the phone, they told me just to wait and see if it starts working later....

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

See this link for details on the live streaming requirements:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/2014-Sochi-Winter-Olympics-Online-Streaming-informati...

In particular notice it requires that you subscribe to Digital Starter level or above; the Basic level is not enough.  So if you are on Basic, that probably explains the message.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation