Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help for Error 6030

Frequent Visitor

Help for Error 6030

I could use some help, I keep getting this.  I have Windows XP.  I have tried installing the older version of Silverlight, but I am forced to update to Version 5.1 by the xfinity player.

my system has worked for a long time. Now I can't get it to work!

My Device Information

My Zip Code:80228My Cable Provider:Comcast Denver Metro CableCardMy myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box NamesownstairsMy Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:169.133.140.6My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/536.5 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1084.52 Safari/536.5My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.2 R202Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled
My Account Information

Primary Account:TrueProvider Codes:Bw, S, D, Al, Ci, Bi, Bj, Bh, A, Y, Bq, Bx, Ce, Cd, Cf, By, Bu, Bs, At, Cb, Aw, Ch, Ar, E, Aj, Cg, Bz, Bm, Au, Bl, Bv, B, U, Bp, Br, Bo, Bt, Cc, H, Ad, BnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:False

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Help for Error 6030

try deleting your cookies and your cache.  restart your computer.  update flash, and you want to have the most current silverlight don't try to go backward.   There has been an issue on comcasts end tonite with this and they are just fixing it.  You might want to give it some time

Official Employee

zippyed wrote:

I could use some help, I keep getting this.  I have Windows XP.  I have tried installing the older version of Silverlight, but I am forced to update to Version 5.1 by the xfinity player.

my system has worked for a long time. Now I can't get it to work!

Thanks for your post! --- Our engineers are aware of this issue and are actively working to try and fix the 6030 errors on XfinityTV for all users.

High level this is due to an update in Silverlight 5.1 which is no longer supporting 'unknown output devices' on our encrypted content. Again we are working hard to validate code changes to fix this issue. More updates to come as they are available….

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I love it when it isn't my fault...

Official Employee

Further updates to be tracked under this thread: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Help-for-Error-6030/m-p/1298611#M8717

Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation