Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help! Please clarify issue regarding NFL Game Pass and streaming through a Playstation

Regular Visitor

Help! Please clarify issue regarding NFL Game Pass and streaming through a Playstation

Hello,  I previously posted a similar question, but didn't receive any replies.  In reviewing the question, maybe I should have outlined the issue more clearly.  So here are the steps I took and the questions will be listed below:

Step 1.  I subscribed to NFL Game Pass with the intention of streaming it through my Playstation 4 (PS4 Pro)

Step 2.  I downloaded and installed the NFL App through the PS Store.  In setting it up, I had to input a code sent to the NFL website.  I successfully did this.

Step 3.  At another point in the set up, I was asked to list my TV Provider, which is Comcast and is not listed.  Apparently, this is an ongoing issue, which has been partially solved through Comcast's Programming offerings  (which required me to pay an additional "Sports Fee").  

Based on my research, the questions for Comcast pertained to NFL RedZone and the NFL Network, NOT the NFL Game Pass.  From what I've read the official Comcast repsonse is "Currently Comcast does not have an agreement with the NFL.  We apologize for any inconvenience".  I have also reached out to NFL Digital Care for their assistance. 

As stated above, my question pertains to the NFL Game Pass, which works through the NFL App on my PS4, independent of Comcast TV.

Question 1:  What is the current status of negotiations or the policy with regards to the NFL Apps?  Does Comcast have any solutions to this issue, and what is their plan?

Question 2:  With my current setup, I am completely bypassing Comcast TV- using my PS4 to stream to my TV set via the internet.  So why am I having an issue with policy/restrictions of Comcast TV?  Am I missing something here?

Question 3:  Are there any other Comcast customers who've had similar issues and have created a work around?  Any tips or suggestions would be really appreciated.  I've looked everywhere online, to no avail.  I'm also waiting on NFL Digital Care's second reply (their first reply addressed a different issue with the NFL App).

Thanks in advance!!

Bob

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation