Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Hbogo activation

New Poster

Hbogo activation

I am already an HBO on demand subscriber. When I try to activate a device, I am told to subscribe & there is no place to put my activation code. how do I activate any device?
Service Expert

Re: Hbogo activation

Mikerman wrote:
I am already an HBO on demand subscriber. When I try to activate a device, I am told to subscribe & there is no place to put my activation code. how do I activate any device?

if you mean the HBOgo app for smart phones first know that is not an xFinity TV app. If you subscribe to HBO using comcast, the HBOgo app will ask you to log in to your xfinity account and the hbo app will verify you as a subscriber. If you are using some other ala carte purchase of HBO you need to speak to that company for assistance.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

HBO GO will only work on approved devices.  smartphones, tablets, Xbox.   Smart TV's and Roku boxes and Blue Ray players cannot use the HBO GO with Xfinity services.

New Poster

I have HBO and Showtime on my TV programming, but when I try to log in on the apps through the Comcast login, it errors with:

Sorry, there was an error loading that page.  Your account has not been charged.  

It then gives me an option to see exclusive deals for Comcast customers.

Thoughts?

Service Expert

ColtzNut wrote:

I have HBO and Showtime on my TV programming, but when I try to log in on the apps through the Comcast login, it errors with:

Sorry, there was an error loading that page.  Your account has not been charged.  

It then gives me an option to see exclusive deals for Comcast customers.

Thoughts?

on my iphone I signed up to hbogo as a new user. Got email to verify. At some point (forget now when) during the process the app verified with xfinity I subscribed to hbo and has never asked me again. If i misunderstood you, sorry about that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

My Samsung Smart TV has the HBOgo app. 

It asked me for an activation code.

I pay for HBO through my Comcast subscription.

Have been through the comcast help sites, no mention of how I can get an activation code.

If there a process to get this service or not?

New Poster

New Poster

Don't even bother yourselves trying to access HBO GO through your samsung smart TV or your PS3 or PS4 and ROKU if you are a comcast subscriber. Comcast blocked the access to HBO GO on everything except your smart phones and tablets, seriously comcast? I have a Samsung 60" smart ultra TV and i'll go back to watching shows on a freaking 7" tablet? They are the most annoying tv provider ever people. This stupid comcast or xfinity or whatever the h#ll they are called lack everything. Their customer service sucks and the techs don't even know what the h#ll they are talking about.

Imaging them telling me that because i don't have an internent with comcast i won't be able to have access to HBO GO. I was like what? That is just so ridiculous. You are paying all the money every month and this is how they treat you for been a loyal customer? It's high time people started acting smart and stop taking sh#t from this idiots 'comcast".

Even direct TV and dish network let you use HBO GO app as long as you are subscribed to hbo with them. I am so sick and tired of this godforsaken xfinity comcast sh#t. I hope they lose all their customers because they just lost one and that's me. They suck anyway since they are always the last to upgrade their equipments and yet they think they are untouchable and inevitable.

GOODBYE "COMCAST XFINITY" and kiss my a*s....

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation