Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Having Anyplay problem...anyone else?

ANSWERED
Contributor

Having Anyplay problem...anyone else?

Anyplay was working this morning and now it is not.  getting message ata unavailable.  We're experiencing some difficulties.  You can continue using app but not areas will be working".  I assume this is happening everywhere, but, just thought I would check

Accepted Solution

Re: Having Anyplay problem...anyone else?

Update,

I called comcast again and they did some sort of big reset behind the scenes.  When I called I explained the problem and they were unable to help.  Then a few hours later BAMo,  Internet, TV and phone blipped momentarily and then modem and anyplay rebooted.  After that it worked.

Also, had signal fixed up at house.  Was low and the result of bad split config. in the incoming box.

so, for now, working again.

I would like to know what they call that reset so I can tell comcast customer service if happens again.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Mine is working, are the US/DS and power LED's solid on the Televation box?

Have you rebooted the box?

Doest the AnyPlay still showup on the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh device page?

Have you gone into the AnyPlay app settings, and checked that "active" is on, Connectivity shows "connected".

Then go into the device diagnostics and it will open a Safari browser showing the web based Media Steam alerts, status and other settings inside the Televation device.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have rebooted my anyplay device, comcast modem, and wifi.  I am able to connect to the anyplay device, but, still get the same message.  The top light is not solid on AP device--blinking.

When the link you provided is used it does show and recognize the device.  I tried the software button in the last column and it failed.

in anyplay app settings says active and connected...there is an alert that says tuner not currently accessable

Any idea?

Contributor

ok, now rebooted anyplay device again and top light not blinking.  also should say that I unistalled app too and re-installed from app store.

Official Employee

JSBRENTWOODTN wrote:

ok, now rebooted anyplay device again and top light not blinking.  also should say that I unistalled app too and re-installed from app store.

I escalated this issue to our AnyPlay team. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks Joe,

Almost seems like an APP problem rather than and anyplay issue.  The programming guides dont load and the message says....hey wait a minute...working now!  went to get the message from the app and it magically (or perhaps no so magically Smiley Wink  is working again now!

I did nothing since last message so either something on your end fixed it or just a good old fashioned digital fluke.

New Poster

Having the same issue here in Franklin, TN. spent an hour or so online chatting with comcast today and they were clueless.

Contributor

I am back getting the same message this morning....app having some data problems and any play and the app as a whole not working.

As moniker says...I am in Brentwood, TN

Contributor

here is the exact error message

data unavailable 

we're experiencing some

difficulties.  you can continue using

the app, but not all areas will be

working

When I googled I see an occasional post over past month, though, the dont seem to be resolved.  I get the feeling that it is on the Comcast side relating to the app.  Joe, is this valid?  Is there some sort of reset button in our area that needs to be hit so the app can connect?  Overly simplistic to be sure, but, before I start trying stuff would be good to know if I need to just wait. 

thanks

Contributor

Think I may have found a fix.  Here is what I did. 

I tried to open app and same data message error appears. 

So went to ipad settings and scroll down to xfinity app. on left side

Slide the top radio button on upper right to clear app data and close.

try to reopen app. 

Let me know if it works so others may benefit and my curiousity if this is actually what it was is satisfied.

thanks

Silver Problem Solver

that works for most problems with the app.

Contributor

ok..whats the scoop.  Today I am trying to use anyplay the way I do most days at my desk.  A new error message today.  Says "you are too far from your wi-fi router, try moving closer and changing the channel" 

I am using they way I do most days and three feet from the router.  Connects to anyplay device with no problems.  I turned off wi-fi on ipad then back on.  rebooted anyplay device and cleared data on app

getting frustrated.  worked fine for a while now everyday a problem

Contributor

oh and for whaterver reason NBC is no longer in the channel lineup.  channel 1004 in 37027

Silver Problem Solver

welcome to the world of beta testing.

Contributor

Same problem...no anyplay all week.  New symptoms.  I can no longer connect to the device.  I have changed nothing.  The only thing that seems to have come to light is that I am having a low signal problem to the house.  I will try to put a message below.  I called comcast and tried to troubleshoot, though I am confident that I was much more knowledgable with regards to the anyplay device.  This proved correct, but, wanted them to re-activate (I couldn't use comcast.com/activate for some reason) in case this was the problem. 

Even if the low signal to house is a problem shouldn't I be able to connect to AP device?  Comcast coming in AM to fix signal.  Help...I do realize Beta testing, but, if there are problems this is where to hammer out and I am willing to try to help with this.

This week and again today I have uniinsstalled/reinstalled app, rebooted everything. not experieced any issues with wifi on other devices, and called comcast to ask to refresh the signal.

Comcast Joe?  You said you forwarded to Anyplay team on monday and ....crickets.....

Is there a way that I can contact someone at comcast directly who will have definate (non-vanilla) expertise with anyplay? 

Any and all help appreciated

comcast screen.PNG

Contributor

Update,

I called comcast again and they did some sort of big reset behind the scenes.  When I called I explained the problem and they were unable to help.  Then a few hours later BAMo,  Internet, TV and phone blipped momentarily and then modem and anyplay rebooted.  After that it worked.

Also, had signal fixed up at house.  Was low and the result of bad split config. in the incoming box.

so, for now, working again.

I would like to know what they call that reset so I can tell comcast customer service if happens again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation