Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Have all the problems with NHL Center Ice Been Fixed?

New Poster

Have all the problems with NHL Center Ice Been Fixed?

Tomorrow night the Rangers are playing the penguins and I’m just praying that the package I paid a lot of money for actually works and I can watch the freaking game - Hopefully in HD. If all these issues and blackouts and sporadic service etc. continue for another week or two I’m going to have to just cut the cord and get a Roku and download the NHL app - rangers not blacked out for sure in my area And it’s a good quality broadcast
Official Employee

Re: Have all the problems with NHL Center Ice Been Fixed?

Pardog wrote:
Tomorrow night the Rangers are playing the penguins and I’m just praying that the package I paid a lot of money for actually works and I can watch the freaking game - Hopefully in HD. If all these issues and blackouts and sporadic service etc. continue for another week or two I’m going to have to just cut the cord and get a Roku and download the NHL app - rangers not blacked out for sure in my area And it’s a good quality broadcast

Apologies - as an update from our technical operations team in Denver, there were several afternoon games last Monday that were blacked out inappropriately in the Colorado, Boston, St. Louis and NY television markets.

The blackout zones were coded in our system accurately, however, there was a technical issue that prevented these areas to get the corresponding "end blackout" trigger message at the end of the telecasts.

As an initiative, our team recently programmed ‘"end blackout" events to include all of the areas that could have been affected last Monday. This "end blackout" trigger event was set up to send a message to all satellite receivers authorized for NHL Center Ice channels to return to the primary channels. That way if a satellite receiver was still tuned to the blackout channel, it will now receive the message to return to the proper home channel(s).

Apologies for the issue and thanks for your patience as the teams investigated. Please let me know if you continue to have this issue.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I am still having this issue on one channel.  It is the Game4 channel in my area and customer service has no idea what I'm even talking about and tech who was here today said there was nothing they could do and it was just going to be this way.  I thought it might fix itself if a game that was supposed to blacked out was scheduled for this channel but there doesn't seem to be one in the next 10 days or so.  My neighbor is having the same issue.  How do I get this fixed?  Clearly calling customer service isn't going to work.

Official Employee

Indyhockeyfan wrote:

I am still having this issue on one channel.  It is the Game4 channel in my area and customer service has no idea what I'm even talking about and tech who was here today said there was nothing they could do and it was just going to be this way.  I thought it might fix itself if a game that was supposed to blacked out was scheduled for this channel but there doesn't seem to be one in the next 10 days or so.  My neighbor is having the same issue.  How do I get this fixed?  Clearly calling customer service isn't going to work.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

I wasn't able to locate your account information using the e-mail address that you registered with in this forum.

Please send me via PM (Private Message) some account information (name, address, phone number on your account) and I can look into this further so that we can get this resolved. Thanks.

Private Messages (PM’s)

You can click on my name (ComcastTeds) and scroll down to a link that says “Private Message Me”. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/4833257

At the top right of each Forum page you will see a small envelope.

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Indyhockeyfan wrote:

Thanks for providing some account information via Private Message. I was able to locate your account and I am working now with our local team and our national team that oversees the NHL Center Ice blackouts so that we can get this identified and resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi Ted. Everett Washington here. My NHL Centre Ice doesn't work . I've been to cable office & called twice to no avail. They said it was NHL Centre Ice problem. Not buying it. I need a technician to visit my home. If not solved will have to cancel the service. Very disappointed n
missing my Flyers & Canucks tonight
Official Employee

sevenbundy wrote:
Hi Ted. Everett Washington here. My NHL Centre Ice doesn't work . I've been to cable office & called twice to no avail. They said it was NHL Centre Ice problem. Not buying it. I need a technician to visit my home. If not solved will have to cancel the service. Very disappointed n
missing my Flyers & Canucks tonight

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you decribed above. I can get NHL Center Ice package added to your account. What sort of issues are you having? Are you seeing a black screen, blue screen, or an error message or were you not able to tune to these channels at all (does the box skip over these channels)?

Thanks for any additional details that you are able to provide.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation