Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Have a subscription but can't view online

New Poster

Have a subscription but can't view online

I have a paid subscription to Comast (Triple Play) that includes netwoks such as ESPN, AMC, HBO etc., all of which I can watch on my TV through my cable box.  But I cannot access any of them through the website so I can't watch them online.  It tells me that I need a subscription.  But I already have one and I am logged into my account on the website.  What's the problem??

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Have a subscription but can't view online

jewile23 wrote:

I have a paid subscription to Comast (Triple Play) that includes netwoks such as ESPN, AMC, HBO etc., all of which I can watch on my TV through my cable box.  But I cannot access any of them through the website so I can't watch them online.  It tells me that I need a subscription.  But I already have one and I am logged into my account on the website.  What's the problem??

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Could you please resond with some possible solutions for the one million other customers with the same problem.

Regular Contributor

I was also not able to view online, kept getting the message that "A subscription to name your premium channel here is required. Would you like to purchase?" I went to chat for tech help. Not sure what she did, but she did have me log out and log back in through the web browser and then the channels were all available, even the one she told me was not available in my area.  I suggest trying tech chat and see if they can clear yours up as well. I suspect the web servers are not talking to the other servers and someone needs to link the accounts.

Official Employee

Annoyed13 wrote:

Could you please resond with some possible solutions for the one million other customers with the same problem.

Try deleting your cookies. cache, and history and then log in again.

Try a different browser and see if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Make sure that the network you are trying to view online is working through On Demand on your TV.

Also try restarting your computer and see if it works.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Until just yesterday I was able to access Xfinity Streampix online and now it's locked with the orange key. I've signed in and out multiple times and no change. I've also tried On Demand on my TV and it's saying that I need a subscription there as well. My package is HD Premier XF Triple Play. 

New Poster

All of my problems have been happening on an Ipad2. 

Have tried unplugging everything (for an entire day), plugging back in, uninstalling apps, reinstalling.

Everything on the TV works just fine, and everything on the Ipad worked fine up until I had my service address switched to a new house about a mile away. (3 days ago).

I sat on the phone with Comcast for 50 minutes before I got hung up on, then spent another 30 on the phone again, finally with someone that was nice, but still no resolution was found.

New Poster

I just tried logging in on a regular computer.  I got into the account, and can watch network tv, but no premiums.  So, I pulled up my latest bill, just to make sure I have the correct package.  on my 12/5 bill, everything is good.  but then there is another bill on 12/10 showing that my account is closed, but I can reopen it if I would like.

Any possibility they changed the account number, customer ID, and password when I switched addresses (but still local)?

Have screenshots of everything, but dont see any buttons to upload them.

Regular Contributor

You can upload images using the button pictured below with the tree on it.

I suspect however, that you will need to contact customer service to see what has happened to your account.

12-12-2012 8-40-06 PM.png

Official Employee

Annoyed13 wrote:

I just tried logging in on a regular computer.  I got into the account, and can watch network tv, but no premiums.  So, I pulled up my latest bill, just to make sure I have the correct package.  on my 12/5 bill, everything is good.  but then there is another bill on 12/10 showing that my account is closed, but I can reopen it if I would like.

Any possibility they changed the account number, customer ID, and password when I switched addresses (but still local)?

Have screenshots of everything, but dont see any buttons to upload them.

Do you have two different accounts?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I have Basic Cable service with my internet & phone (all are on Xfinity account)  Even when I am signed into my Xfinity account I have to sign out & go elsewhere to watch some of the very basic shows online (because they are locked with that d'd gold key!) but I can watch them on my tv.  I'd like to know why this happens and wonder what the heck is this whole Xfinity thing all about in the 1st place???

This has been the same issue since day #1 and it only makes me wonder what we're actually paying for.  Are you supposed to have some kind of special equipment?  I don't even have a box and was never given one (or offered one)

Does anyone have a clue?

New Poster

Hey Joe I seem to have missed the call and I don't have any messages on my machine. Problem is still persisting and if you could have them call again I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind I'll just call myself tomorrow morning.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation