Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

HDHomerun Prime No HBO

Regular Visitor

HDHomerun Prime No HBO

I have a Silicondust HDHomerun Prime and I haven't been able to watch my HBO subscription with it. When I have my HDHomerun Prime scan for channels it doesn't show any HBO channels. I tried resolving this via Comcast's cablecard phone support many months ago, they recommended I try a differnet cable card which I did, and I still can't recieve HBO. The last Comcast cablecard support person I spoke with said they would continue to try to resolve the problem but they never did and I never heard back from anyone. In frustration I gave up and started streaming HBO.

Now I would really like to see if this problem can be resolved. I prefer not to stream any longer because of the internet data limit imposed by Comcast.

Can you help me with this?

New Poster

Re: HDHomerun Prime No HBO

I've got the same issue, would love to set if this gets fixed as the HBO Go app won't work on Android TV, making streaming only possible from mobile devices. 

New Poster

The reason that HBO isn't showing is because they are tagged with DRM and HD Homerun only allows playback of DRM content on some Windows and XBox devices at this moment.  Everyone else kinda have to wait until they get it sorted out! Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

I have an Xbox One and it doesn’t work with DRM.  That’s why I’m posting here.

Frequent Visitor

You may know this already but it will work now. But you have to use the HDHomerun App for Xbox it has been updated to support copy protected content. Copy protected content now will also work on Windows 10 with the creators update.