Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HDCP on brand new 3D HDTV

New Poster

HDCP on brand new 3D HDTV

When I use my hdmi cord I recieve a message from comcast saying your hdtv is not HDCP compatible. This television is VIZIO 3D HDTV smart tv brand new. All connections are correct. Ive talked to customer service and verified im using the right equipment. The HDMI cord is also brandnew and digitally compatible as well as 3D. I also have HD component on my box (green,red,blue), no picture from those either. the only picture I get is with (red,white,yellow) cords. I watch DVDS and play games in HD so im sure my tv should be compatible. My TV also tells me the resoultion of what Im veiwing. My HD channels are coming threw as 480p when it should at least be 720p. It has to be something on comcast's end. Please reply

New Poster

Re: HDCP on brand new 3D HDTV

hmmm, strange, but last Friday this happened to me on BOTH of my HDTVs with Comcast (which have been working fine for years).

Anyways, the obvious, and cheap, fix is to try another cable. Unfortunately, if that doesn't work then 9/10 times it means that the actual HDMI CONNECTOR, on the cable box itself, (or heaven forbid, your TV) is BAD. I suppose you have 2 options:

1) take the box back to a comcast store, and swap it for a new one (Means the box HDMI is bad).

2) try a different HDMI connector on your TV, ex Input2 vs Input1 (unfortunately, your TV HDMI is bad).

Also if you don't mind using component cables, those will work too (and don't forget the additional component red/white for sound). Most likely, the reason it's currently not working, is b/c you have BOTH the hdmi, and the component cables connected at the same time. I think that's a no-no, at least that worked for me.

Also I should mention, that rarely the HDCP message pops up b/c the cable box and TV are just out of sync. You can try this too:

1) unplug the HDMI cable from the tv and cable box and the plug from the cable box.

2) turn on the tv and connect the HDMI again from the TV to the cable box.

3) plug in the cable box and let it re-sync.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation