Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HD

New Poster

HD

Can I 'toggle' back and forth to HD via the remote OR do I have to have the system set to "always" go to HD if exists?

Service Expert

Re: HD

gthos wrote:

Can I 'toggle' back and forth to HD via the remote OR do I have to have the system set to "always" go to HD if exists?

if you set your X1 preferences to autotune to HD then no you can't go to an SD channel when an HD channel exists. The remote (other than menu access) does not affect SD nor HD selection.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

When using ON DEMAND the program might not always be available as both versions: SD or HD. If you chose the wrong version, just stop and exit the first choice, and then find and play the correct version. Each copy of a program is completely separate and no way to do what you ask for.

Think of it has picking the wrong copy of a DVD that might contain: 3D version, Blu-Ray, or DVD version. You need to use menu to play the desired version.

New Poster

Thanks, but I'm a remote dummy.  Let's just say I'm watching channel 3 and want to watch in HD.  WHAT do I do?  I'm assuming 'simple', but so am I at times!  THANKS!

Problem Solver

If you are just watching a live cable-channel you get whatever it is. Channel 3 is only a SD channel (4:3 picture /480p). Most HD channels are higher series channels.

The info. panel overlay for any channel will state "HD" and you will not see black border bars if you have a HD tv.

Official Employee

gthos wrote:

Xfinity button to Gear Symbol to Preferences to General, scroll down to Auto Tune to HD and press ok, to turn Auto tune to HD off and on

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation