Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HD Zoom too big

ANSWERED
New Poster

HD Zoom too big

I have a Cisco RNG 150N box connected to a Samsung 55" 1080p TV via HDMI cable. The picture is zoomed in too far and will not back out. The edges are cut off on all sides. The Comcast help say its the TV, But if I replace the TV with another HD TV, that TV is also cut off the same way.

TV settings: Picture size: Set at 16:9. Zoom In or Zoom Out are not available options

There is NO HD Zoom button on this cable box XR2 remote.

Yes I have tried both SD and HD channels. No effect.

Yes I have tried the TV remote picture sizing settings. No positive effect. It only gets BIGGER!

I have tried the XFINITY button>Menu>Setup. No choices available change the picture size.

Yes I have tried the XR2 remote GUIDE button. It does show User Settings. I cannot change any settings with this remote. There is no HD Zoom Key.

User Settings

TV Type: 16:9

HDMI/YPbPr Output: Pass Thru

4:3 Override: Off

Accepted Solution

Re: HD Zoom too big

Tried all of that. It did not work. Finally Comcast tech came out and tried all that again. Didn't work. Replacing the Cisco STB fixed it.

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

Find the actual TV Remote. Then, find the button, or setting, that changes the zoom level OF THE TV.  Set it to normal or standard or whatever is NOT any zoom.

Then, go in to the settings on the 150 and make sure that it's settings are ALSO set to Normal.

That should be it!

-KP

New Poster

Tried all of that. It did not work. Finally Comcast tech came out and tried all that again. Didn't work. Replacing the Cisco STB fixed it.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation