Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HD Technology Fee for Internet Plus Choice

Regular Visitor

HD Technology Fee for Internet Plus Choice

Can anyone from CC advise the HD Technology Fee for Internet Plus Choice package? I use my own cableCARD compatible tv box. Reading other threads on this forum I was under the impression that there is no HD Tech Fee for limited basic cable. However, the Internet Plus Choice package comes with the option of Showtime/HBO. Is that the reason for charging $9.99 for HD Technology?

Official Employee

Re: HD Technology Fee for Internet Plus Choice

umassd, that is correct. The Limited Basic channel line up allows you to watch all channels in HD without the HD tech fee. Let's take a look at what's going on. Please send me a private message (Click ComcastKenF and then click Private Message Me) with your account address and full name for assistance.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: HD Technology Fee for Internet Plus Choice

When a recent rate hike came through in Seattle we started to receive a bill for an extra outlet of Digital Service because of the HBO included in Internet Plus.  We'd signed up for that package 3? years ago when it was $50 and I think some of the rate codes were being phased out.  Our bill went kind of wacky recently because we'd previously paid a low rate for a converter box (because HBO) for the limited basic package, but the bill was close to what a limited basic channel package customer should pay for.  Most of the Digital Additional Outlet fees exclude limited basic customers, afterall.

My point being that we too had an Internet Plus package have the billing go wonky recently in a way that violates what you'd think for a limited basic TV package (we'd wondered if the inclusion of HBO takes it out of "limited basic only" classification)

BillingExplanation.jpg
Comcast-newbill.jpg
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation