Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBOGO

New Poster

HBOGO

I have contacted comcast both through the phone and on chat and they have yet to help me, they either give up or hang up on me. Im just very frustrated. I have comcast xfinity, with hbo and i want to use the hbogo app for my xbox, when i go to the activation site "hbogo.com/active" it has me select my provider, so i select "comcast" then it has me put it my xfinity account, user name and password after i press sign in a message comes up saying this.

Access to this content requires an XFINITY® TV subscription*.
SUBSCRIBE NOW
Questions? Please click here for more information.
You can still watch many of your favorite TV shows & movies at xfinityTV.com.
Watch Now »
* Requirements
XFINITY TV subscription (with a set top box or other device supporting Video ON DEMAND)
The network you are trying to watch must be included in your service

I do not understand becasue i meet all of the requirments? i cannot even make an hbogo account on my computer because when i try to sign in i get the same message. Note that i do have the xfinity app on my xbox. Please can someone fix this problem, i pay for HBO why should i not receive this service?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: HBOGO

this means your account is not set up properly on comcasts end.   Can you watch hbo on your computer using the watch tv section of the website?   Are you signing in with the primary users credentials?

New Poster

I am having the same issue.

I have HBO and I can watch HBO shows on XfinityTV but I would like to use HBOGo as the XfinityTV Flash video player has the worst buffering capabilities I have seen since 2003.

New Poster

I called Comcast and explained that I was unable to access HBO Go or similar sites even though I have a payed subscription to HBO through my Blast Plus plan. After bouncing me to two other departments, I spoke with a representative that seemed to know what the problem was. He stated that the issue is that I don't have On Demand turned on yet. I don't know if this is the true issue or of it was just another "I'll tell you some BS while I fix the simple little problem." Regardless, he stated that he had activated the On Demand (with no extra charge) and that it should be fully accessible within 24 hours. He also gave me a number to call if I still have issues with the "HBO on the go" as he called it.
Crossing my fingers and hoping this works by tomorrow.

New Poster

After a little under two days of failed access attempts on HBO Go, I decided to try accessing it through the iOS app this morning. I selected Xfinity in the registration section and it created my account and gave me access. I checked later on my computer and can confirm that I now have access to HBO Go!
Though I'm not sure of the details to the fix that the rep I spoke to performed, I am now a fully registered member of HBO Go.
If you are struggling with this issue and have had no luck, give the support number a call, but be sure to put some time into it until they are aware of the issue you are having and can send you to the right department.

Regular Contributor

I just watched Game of Thrones on HBOGO last night, but I can't login today. I get the same error as the OP. I double checked my access via Xfinity and its all green. I'm guessing its a login issue either with Comcast or HBO.

Regular Contributor

Ran CCleaner and now I'm able to login to HBOGO again. Must have been a bad cookie or something.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation