Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBOGO

New Poster

HBOGO

Why does Comcast not support HBOGo and MAXGo??

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: HBOGO

Hello,

According to the following link hbogo should be coming soon but who know how long soon will be.

http://blog.comcast.com/mtapp/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=6&limit=20&search=hbogo

Official Employee

Comcast customers can currently use HBOGo.com, the HBOGo mobile app, and HBOGo for Xbox.  Just log in with your Comcast ID.  I don't have any information on other platforms or MAXGO at this time though. 

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Finally HBOGO is available on Xbox. I was so relieved that the service we PAY for is finally being allowed to be seen on our home TV's that cable is meant to be watched on. Comcast actsa like tney're doing us a favor by letting us use hbogo, when in reality it's ours to be used as we want as paying customers. The Xfinityh APP is embarassing on xbox. It is always 2 weeks behind on the new episodes of series, which is more than aggravating especially when it was touted that the xbox would replace the cable box. And they wonder why people go online to pirate episodes of their favorite series? It's because we usually aren't around to watch the show on time, hate commercials, and are busy. So make it available to us whenever we want, and we will watch it and pay to do so.

Silver Problem Solver

the xbox was never touted as being a cable box replacement, and just because you subscribe to hbo does not mean you are entitled to use it on anything you wish, you pay for it to be used on your tv, the other devices you may be able to use it on have to be licensed by hbo. every device its allowed to be used on costs comast more money, and guess who winds up footing the bill for that?

New Poster

Rog, I don't undrstand what you're saying. Perhaps you have specific knowledge about this and can elaborate a little more? I understand how licensing works, but I don't believe that was ever the issue. That is (as it should be) between HBO and the player device it using. What we're wondering is where does the cable provider enter the picture? Specifically, how does it cost Comcast more money for these services, that are offered to us as free extensions of the service we already pay a premium to Comcast for, to be avilable on other players?
I've given it some thought, as I always do when I feel like I'm being ripped off...to try and understand the company's logic. The only thing I can come up with is that Comcast may lose some advertising dollars by allowing its services to be played elsewhere. If that's what is holding them back then shame on them! Every other major provider has already made these services available. Once again Comcast is the last one on board. Maybe they're not seeing the potential for increased volume of subscribers as HBO programs are made more attainable. I know the app, and its use on several different devices, would make it more appealing to me if I wasn't already a subscriber.
New Poster

And what about Roku and Samsung already?? Xbox isn't the only device that plays apps. Is it going to take ANOTHER year for Comcast to "allow" us to view the service we pay them for on those devices as well???
Contributor

Out of all potential and available platforms, Xbox became available because? I figure the link is that Xbox is a Microsoft product, which also has a piece of MSNBC, which part of NBC-Universal, which Comcast owns a majority stake of. Tah-Dah! On-Demand requires so much searching and back-peddling on menus still that Netflix, Hulu+ and Amazon VOD are much more user-friendly for 'on-demand' content, not to mention cheaper too for HD content!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation