Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

HBOGO / FXNOW on NVIDIA Shield TV (Android TV)

New Poster

HBOGO / FXNOW on NVIDIA Shield TV (Android TV)

I got my NVIDIA Shield TV three weeks ago, and I just decided to register HBOGO and FXNOW....; surprise!... COMCAST/XFINITY is no where near the service provider list during my attempts to activate my device...

These apps worked perfectly with my previous Internet Service Provider...

Has anybody faced the same situation?

Any workaround?

New Poster

Re: HBOGO / FXNOW on NVIDIA Shield TV (Android TV)

Same here.  Same problem.  You can thank Comcast for their usual sub par service.

New Poster

I've complained on twitter to @comcastcares (what a joke) about not being able to use HBOG0 on my TiVO, and I think that Starz is also missing from mobile. I explained to them that as a T-Mobile customer, Starz doesn't use my data plan with the Binge On feature, which XFinity does not support.

I'm thinking about dropping the TV portion of my service and switching to sling.com and buying HBO Now and the equivalent for the other premium channels that I want. I can receive the network affiliates over the air here using the antenna on the condo building's roof.

Frequent Visitor

Just ran into this problem as well. I don't want a "work-a-round"! I want it supported so I can use the Sheild for everything that is streaming!

New Poster

I totally agree. I have the Silicone Dust HD Home run tuner + Shields and have a legit comcast cable card with a legitimate subscription. I DO NOT WANT TO RENT THEIR SUBPAR ELECTRONICS that get hardly any attention post release hence the HD Home Run and Sheilds to TRY to do everything legally at an affordable cost. I am already paying for the content. Come on Comcast, get with the program and realize that if you continue with this business practice you will be following Blockbuster and all the other video stores of the past into the ash heap of irrelevance.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation