Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV

I would like to use HBO Go on my Amazon Fire TV. When I go to HBO’s site for activation Comcast is not listed. I see the following message instead:

If your TV provider is not listed, access to HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV® is not offered as part of your HBO subscription. Contact your TV provider and ask for HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV®.

I don’t understand why if I’m paying for HBO I can’t access it through any possible means, baffeling.
Accepted Solution

Re: HBO Go on Amazon Fire TV

New Poster

I noticed the same thing. Infuriating. Plus the site says, "If your cable provider doesn't allow this, contact them!" And when I go to the Contact Us page at xfinity, it's just a dead-end of FAQ pages and a link to this forum, presumably so I can sit and complain with other people who ALSO got kicked here. Just prepostous. 

New Poster

Hey, here's a fun way to test to see if ANYONE from Comcast xfinity actually reads this! You know who DOES let you use HBOGO from your Amazon Fire? Direct TV! Gosh, what a great service. Direct TV's rates are better, they're far less draconian with these sorts of features, and they've got entry-level deals on right now! http://www.directv.com/, everybody! 

New Poster

It is infuriating that neither HBO Go or Showtime work with Amazon Fire TV, and the fault is squarely with Comcast.  Lots of other cable providers, including Cox, Time Warner, and Verizon Fios work with Amazon Fire TV.  This annoys me and it erodes my loyalty to Comcast. 

New Poster

Got a FireTV for Xmas. Installed HBO Go app. Comcast is not listed as a provider. Serious fail Comcast. Please get it together. You are one of the largest cable providers, you should have been first in line to have this working.

New Poster

Hello, COMCAST! I also want to be able to use HBO GO on my AMAZON FIRE! Get it done!

Regular Visitor

Comcast are you listening? I bought the Fire TV to supplement my cable subscription. Getting really close to cutting the cable and just using Fire, NetFlix and Hulu...So much cheaper and so what if I have to wait a little time to catch new episodes. Personally I would rather keep cable as I love my DVR. But to continue blocking something simple as the HBO GO app is ridiculous and anti customer service. Please fix this soon or be prepared to lose yet another customer. My $140 a month may not make or break you but in time I predict your customer numbers will drop to a level where you will be playing a losing battle!

New Poster

I fully agree with the people on this thread that Comcast should allow the option to have HBO Go activated on the Amazon Fire TV, because I have one and I would pretty much like to use it. Thank you.

New Poster

I stumbled across this thread after encountering the same issue.  I can't understand Comcast's basis for "blocking" HBO Go for Amazon Fire TV while permitting it through other third-party platforms such as Apple TV and Roku Box.  If Comcast's position is merely as a result of technical hurdles, then that is inexcusable incompetence on Comcast's part.   If Comcast's position is based on something other than technical hurdles, its tactics would seem to have antitrust implications. 

Problems like this will cause people like us to cut the cord completely, especially when HBO Go is offered as a stand-alone streaming service later this year.  Comcast, please get it together and allow these third-party streaming device providers to compete on equal footing. 

New Poster

I sidestepped the problem by sideloading the HBO Go app for Android onto the Fire TV. It seems to work without much problems since the Fire TV runs on an Android-based OS. Of course, you do need a wireless keyboard-touchpad with a USB dongle to navigate its UI.

New Poster

HBO Go and ShowtimeGo, etc.   works on my Android phones, tablets and iPads and iPhones, and Chromecast...   Why not on my Fire TV??

Get with it Comcast...   I have FiOS in my area, and i'd hate to have to switch just because of this.

Regular Contributor

It boggles my mind that people think just because you pay for services at one company that it gives the right to use them at another company.

Why not cancel your HBO at Comcast and pay Amazon and then see if Comcast or Fios lets you use HBO, yeah thought so.
New Poster

Don't bother trying to call a rep either, it took forever and she didin't really know what it was and basically had no information on when it would be available.  Comcast has to be the worst utility ever and yet they continue to ask for more increases and give less services.

New Poster

Just side load the app "Xfinity TV Go" onto fire tv, and can watch all HBO content, it is a work around until Xfinity/comcast gets their act together

New Poster

I have the same app side loaded, but recently it started asking for activation, but I can use the xfinity tv go app, and watch HBO content that way

New Poster

Why should Amazon Fire fans be short changed vs Roku or Samsung Smart TVs? One of the many reasons Comcast is the most hated company. And they do not care...

The day HBOGo is availabe as a standalone I am dumping Comcast. I know I will lose some other stuff, but it will feel sooo good.

Why does Comcast hate it's customers? They sure love out money. 

New Poster

I think it's pretty terrible that this is on a Comcast related page and they won't even go so far as to say sorry we are planning on adding this feature or we have no plans because of whatever bogus reason they make up. I can't wait till HBO allows us to side step Comcast all together. Once that happens comcast will probably go under. 

New Poster

Any new info? A google search returns no recent news.

Frequent Visitor

No to HBO Go on PS3, no to HBO Go on PS4, no to HBO Go on Amazon Fire...

The bright side is there's no contract keeping me tied to this company.  Seems they're not wanting to deliver anything except on their terms.

New Poster

I pay for internet with Comcast, I pay for cable tv with HBO with Comcast. There is no reason Comcast should block HBO go on Amazon devices.But it does inorder to shake down Amazon and HBO for more money. It's funny how with all that money they aren't investing it in better customer service or infrastructure to compete with Fiber. 

New Poster

Comcast supports HBOgo on Samsung SmartTV. So they understand how to do it. Why not Amazon Fire which is essentially the same technology?

Tags (2)
New Poster

I know that it works on generic brand Android TV boxes and sticks.

New Poster

The government should step in against this monopoly giant! I feel that I'm paying for HBO service and therefore should have the right to watch it wherever and whenever I see fit. I guess it's going to take someone to file a lawsuit against them to release "go" apps like HBO and so on. 

Regular Visitor

Guess Comcast is not listening. Surprise, surprise.

New Poster

It is really upsetting. I got the fire stick to ber able to watch HBOgo on my TV and now Comcast is blocking it??. Now I just have to wait for HBO to start offering their streaming service or I will simply move to ATT which is shown as  an HBOGO provider.

New Poster

It's April 2015--when can we have HBO GO on Fire TV? Heck HBO NOW is available withOUT comcast.

New Poster

Comcast, please offer this (HBO GO on Amazon Fire) and all other streaming services to our already sizable list of things we pay for but need you to allow us access to. I am not going to stream through your app thirdparty when something has direct access by the intended designer/provider. You push us to cutting the cable with rates at these extremes as is. Don't give us more reason. Please and thank you.

New Poster

wkremote app seems to work as a mouse app on the fire tv.... im gonna side load hbogo now wish me luck lol...

New Poster

Comcast needs to provide HBO GO on Amazon Fire TV

New Poster

COMCAST what is my HBO Go for the Fire TV, man?

New Poster

I was just told by a rep at Comcast that you have to have their internet in order to get HBO GO. Interesting??

New Poster

I am also very disappointed by this. I have a Five TV Stick and expected to use HBO Go on it. Comcast needs to get it together and just grant access.
New Poster

They may think that is necessary, but it is not sufficient. I have one choice for both, Comcast, and I can't get HBOgo on my Amazon Fire. Okay on PC and Samsung. 

Glad their try for a bigger part of the net fell through. 

New Poster

How do you do that? When I try to add that app on the amazon website it states that it is not compatible with Amazon Fire TV?

New Poster

I am leaving Comcast for good the end of the month - HBOGO, Showtime does not work with Amazon Fire. Time to move on and cut the cord.

New Poster

Dear Comcast,

Once HBO Now is available to everyone (2.5 months and counting) you are going to lose millions of subscribers!! And Showtime is shortly behind HBOs lead. One way to remedy this? MAKE IT AVAILABLE ON AMAZON FIRE!!!!! 

Sincerely, 

An Annoyed Customer

New Poster

I had side loaded the HBO Go and Xfinity apps onto my Fire TV box but they eventually stopped working. However, if you have a Kindle, you can install the Xfinity app, HBO and Showtime apps and use the "fling" function to watch these apps from your Kindle on your tv through the Fire TV box/stick.

And yes, Comcast sucks. Worst company ever. I have 3 months to go then I am going back to Directv.

Official Employee

All - Thanks for your patience. Update at the link below: 

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/hbo-go-showtime-anytime-now-available-for-xfinity-tv-cus...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats