Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBO GO works but not comcast

Most Valued Poster

HBO GO works but not comcast

I am using IE9 along with vista home premium.

Why is it that HBO go works for me, but not comcast?

The requirements seem to be the same. Keep getting 525/6002 using comcast tv to play HBO shows.

Comcast 

Minimum Requirements

If you are experiencing issues with XFINITY TV videos, please make sure you meet all minimum requirements:

Windows
•Processor: Pentium 4 or newer
•Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7
•RAM: 512 MB minimum
•Video Card: 32 MB minimum (128 MB recommended)
•Browser: Internet Explorer 7 (or newer), Firefox 4, Safari 4 (or newer), Google Chrome 14.
•Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 minimum (1280 x 1024 recommended)
•Adobe Flash 10.2.159
•Javascript and cookies need to be enabled
•Broadband Internet Connection

HBO GO

HBO GO requires the following minimum system requirements: 1) An Adobe Flash Player with version 10.0 or higher. 2) An Internet connection of 3.0Mbps or greater (for HD content). 3) For Windows: An Intel Pentium 4 3GHz processor (or equivalent) with 512MB RAM/128MB of VRAM. 4) For a Mac: An Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor, 512MB of RAM/128MB of VRAM. To check if you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player, go to www.adobe.com.

Please do not tell me to uninstall and reinstall silverlight, playready or IE9.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: HBO GO works but not comcast

little_devil,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

My Device Information My Zip Code:21237 My Cable Provider:Comcast Baltimore County Digital My myDVR Manager Status:activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup:False Facebook Queue Syncing:false Facebook Connect:False  My public IP address:69.251.150.113 My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version:Not Installed My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0 My flash version:11.4 r402 Javascript:enabled Cookies:enabled Time Information My Clock Time:Thu Sep 13 12:17:35 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time:Thu Sep 13 12:17:37 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account:False Provider Codes:s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber:True Cable TV Subscriber:True Voice Subscriber:True

when trying to watch all HBO shows.

No problem with firefox.

Official Employee

little_devil wrote:

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil,

Thanks,
Joe

My Device Information My Zip Code:21237 My Cable Provider:Comcast Baltimore County Digital My myDVR Manager Status:activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup:False Facebook Queue Syncing:false Facebook Connect:False  My public IP address:69.251.150.113 My operating system:Windows - Windows NT 6.0 My web browser:Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version:Not Installed My Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0 My flash version:11.4 r402 Javascript:enabled Cookies:enabled Time Information My Clock Time:Thu Sep 13 12:17:35 EDT 2012 Server Clock Time:Thu Sep 13 12:17:37 EDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account:False Provider Codes:s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, d, al, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bk, bp, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber:True Cable TV Subscriber:True Voice Subscriber:True

No problem with firefox.

Try using IE9 32-bit instead of IE 9 64-bit and then try playing videos again. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil,

Thanks,
Joe

No problem with firefox.

Try using IE9 32-bit instead of IE 9 64-bit and then try playing videos again. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

I am using IE9 32 Bit. What makes you think I am using IE9 64 Bit?

Official Employee

little_devil wrote:

You are running Vista on a 64-bit processor.

Please go here to download and install PlayReady PC and then try watching a video again. Also, make sure that you have the most up-to-date service pack installed for Vista.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:

You are running Vista on a 64-bit processor.

Please go here to download and install PlayReady PC and then try watching a video again. Also, make sure that you have the most up-to-date service pack installed for Vista.

Thanks,
Joe

If the bold is why you think I am running IE9 64-bit, you are wrong. I'm using IE9 32-bit.

As far as playready, I've already tried the versions for 32 and 64 bits and neither help.

My originial question is if HBO GO and xfinity TV have the same requirements, why does

HBOGO work and not Xfinity?????

Official Employee

little_devil wrote:

If the bold is why you think I am running IE9 64-bit, you are wrong. I'm using IE9 32-bit.

As far as playready, I've already tried the versions for 32 and 64 bits and neither help.

My originial question is if HBO GO and xfinity TV have the same requirements, why does

It should work on Xfinity TV. Also, I was saying that Vista is running 64-bit and thought you were using 64-bit Silverlight. Sorry for the mixup.

Go here and make sure that you have the latest Vista Service Pack installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Also, make sure that you have DRM enabled. Go here for further instructions:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/troubleshooting-silverlight

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:

It should work on Xfinity TV. Also, I was saying that Vista is running 64-bit and thought you were using 64-bit Silverlight. Sorry for the mixup.

Go here and make sure that you have the latest Vista Service Pack installed:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Also, make sure that you have DRM enabled. Go here for further instructions:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/troubleshooting-silverlight

Thanks,
Joe

Already have Vista service Pack2. Uninstalled silverlight and reinstalled..same problem.

If you can't answer as to why IE9 plays HBO shows at HBO GO and Xfinity doesn't, and the

requirements are the same, please say so.

Thank you

Official Employee

little_devil wrote:
Already have Vista service Pack2. Uninstalled silverlight and reinstalled..same problem.

If you can't answer as to why IE9 plays HBO shows at HBO GO and Xfinity doesn't, and the

Thank you

There is something in your Internet Explorer that is blocking videos from playing. 

Try adding Xfinity.com/tv as a trusted website in IE9 through:

Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Trusted sites

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:

Thank you

There is something in your Internet Explorer that is blocking videos from playing. 

Try adding Xfinity.com/tv as a trusted website in IE9 through:

Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Trusted sites

Thanks,
Joe

If you try to add xfinity.com/tv, it adds xfinity.com (drops /tv) still doesn't work.

However if you add xfinitytv.comcast.net, it adds it. After adding this, the following occurs:

When I go to play HBO shows, it says a subscription is required and it also has a sign-in

button below it. When I click on the sign-in, all it does is refreshes the page and back to where I started

(HBO message).

If I exit this screen with the HBO required message, it takes me back to the TV page. If I click the sign-in at the top (TV page) a sign in window appears. After I sign in, it takes me back to the TV page where it doesn't show me signed in. It's not carrying my info forward.

I hope this is clear.

Yes I have an HBO subscription and yes it plays on my television.

PS. wanted to let you know that if I remove xfinitytv.comcast.net from the trusted sites, my

signin works, but then I am back to getting error code 525/6002.

Official Employee

little_devil wrote:
If you try to add xfinity.com/tv, it adds xfinity.com (drops /tv) still doesn't work.

However if you add xfinitytv.comcast.net, it adds it. After adding this, the following occurs:

When I go to play HBO shows, it says a subscription is required and it also has a sign-in

button below it. When I click on the sign-in, all it does is refreshes the page and back to where I started

(HBO message).

If I exit this screen with the HBO required message, it takes me back to the TV page. If I click the sign-in at the top (TV page) a sign in window appears. After I sign in, it takes me back to the TV page where it doesn't show me signed in. It's not carrying my info forward.

I hope this is clear.

PS. wanted to let you know that if I remove xfinitytv.comcast.net from the trusted sites, my

Keep xfinitytv.comcast.net as a trusted site and then reset your password and then log in again.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:

(HBO message).

I hope this is clear.

Keep xfinitytv.comcast.net as a trusted site and then reset your password and then log in again.

Thanks,
Joe

does not work. same problem, my sign in doesn't carry forward and if I click sign on (tv page),

the page just refreshes. Tried clicking on register, didn't work either.

Official Employee

little_devil wrote:
does not work. same problem, my sign in doesn't carry forward and if I click sign on (tv page), the page just refreshes. Tried clicking on register, didn't work either.

Try completely uninstalling IE9  and then download and install it again. This should clear out any files that may be corrupted.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

ComcastJoe wrote:

little_devil wrote:
does not work. same problem, my sign in doesn't carry forward and if I click sign on (tv page), the page just refreshes. Tried clicking on register, didn't work either.

Try completely uninstalling IE9  and then download and install it again. This should clear out any files that may be corrupted.

Thanks,
Joe

Don't know if I want to go that route. I think I might just wait for IE10 and use

Firefox in the meantime. You can close this if you wish.

Thanks for all your patience and help

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation