Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBO GO sign in error on HTC One via Xfinity WiFi

Frequent Visitor

HBO GO sign in error on HTC One via Xfinity WiFi

For the past several days, I have been unable to sign in to the HBO GO app on my HTC One running Jellybean 4.1.2. Every sign in attempt returns this error - "Error while signing in please try again later." I am connected via WiFi to Xfinity internet and I am using the correct credentials. I can sign in both on my PC and Xbox 360 without issue. I can also sign in to the app on my Samsung Infuse 4G running Gingerbread 2.3.6 wich is also connected via WiFi to my Xfinity gateway with no issues.

I have deleted and re-downloaded the app several times but I still get the sign in error. For some reason, my login info is not working on the HTC no matter what I do. Someone please look into this.

Contributor

Re: HBO GO sign in error on HTC One via Xfinity WiFi

you can only have 3 devices set up to work on the apps.  Do you have more than three?

Frequent Visitor

No. I have the app on my Xbox 360, Samsung Infuse 4G  and my HTC One. I think only the 360 counts as a 'device', though. Either way, I only have the three.

Contributor

xbox does not count.  

what does it say when you go here.

https://device.comcast.net/devices

Frequent Visitor

Frequent Visitor

I've just removed all streaming devices and am still getting the same error on the HTC One.

E - And here's a screenshot showing the error.

http://i.imgur.com/P956tAr.jpg

Contributor

has it ever worked??

Frequent Visitor

Yes, the last successful sign in from the device was on Friday, 5/10. The first failure occured on Monday, 5/13 and it hasn't worked since.

I should also mention that I am able to sign in and access HBO via the Xfinity app without issues, so I'm assuming this problem is specific to the authentication of my Xfinity account via HBO GO on the HTC One..

Contributor

you might want to try contacting the forum admin for this thread name in red.

New Poster

I am having the same issue, though with an HTC One S.  I can successfully Sing In when the WiFI is DISCONNECTED (i.e.,using the 4G signal) but it won't let me sign in when the WiFi is connected.  In fact, if I Sign In while on 4G, start a playback and then turn on the WiFi, it stops playing and says that my connection has Timed Out.  My laptop successfully signs In via WiFi but my ASUS tablet also won't Sign In (and that only has WiFi compatibility).  It seems to be an Android App Sign In issue specifically related to WiFi.

Contributor

Have you tried it on other wireless services outside of your home.  Its looking like its something with the phone now that two of you are having the same issue same phone.   Have you uninstalled the app, restarted and then reinstalled the app then log out and log in and tried again

New Poster

Despite the coincidence of both of having (slightly different) HTC phones, I think the evidence suggests this is NOT a phone issue.

1. HBO Go works on my phone with the ap already downloaded when connected via 3G/4G cell phone signal.

2. My ASUS tablet also does not connect via WiFi, just like the HTC phone.

3. My phone connects to, and plays, Netflix and Hulu content perfectly well as does my ASUS tablet when connected via WiFi

Thus it seems to me it's either an app issue with WiFi or it's the HBO GO server refusing to allow Signing In via WiFi

Frequent Visitor

I've tested this on all of my devices with multiple connections and I am now convinced that this is an Xfinity authorization problem, not a hardware or software problem. I too can connect and authenticate via T-Moblie 3/4G and ATT 3/4G on my HTC One with no issues but not on Xfinity WiFi. No amount of uninstal/reinstall is going to fix this. Someone from Xfinity needs to look into how their servers are interacting with the HBO GO app.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation