Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HBO ERR-36895 need a subscription

New Poster

HBO ERR-36895 need a subscription

I'm tring to watch HBO online (whether on my iPhone Xfinity TV Go app or through a PC browser). I get an error saying that I don't have a subscription to HBO -- I do have a subscription. How do I fix this?

New Poster

Re: HBO ERR-36895 need a subscription

Same problem here. It was working on my Roku and iOS devices for months and then suddenly I was no longer logged in and get these kinds of errors when attempting to log back in.

New Poster

Hopefully you have figured this out by now.  But for anyone who was brought here by Google: This happened after I moved.  When you move you are given a new account number.  Your old Xfinity username will still work, and you can view both the old and new accounts.  But you still have not set a primary username assigned with the new account, and this is why you are having a problem.  Go to this support page: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/accounts-usernames-passwords and click the link to "create a primary XFINITY username online".  This should work; I ran into errors and had to call to set a username.  But once you set a primary username for your new address/account, you can go back to HBO Go and gain access.  You'll have to set a new HBO Go ID as well, but then you can activate your Roku.  I hope this helps!

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation