Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Guide page down/up?

ANSWERED
Contributor

Guide page down/up?

up until yesterday, when i was in the guide, and pushed the PG up, or PG down, it would jump four or five lines in the guide (i forget how many exactly it was).

Suddenly, now, the jump is only TWO lines.  I have to push the darned button a whole lot more times to scan thru the guide.

WHat is going on?  Did i somehow screw it up?  Is there somewhere i can tell it how many lines to skip whtn i pursh PG up or PG down?

Accepted Solution

Re: Guide page down/up?

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineering team has been made aware of this issue. We are working quickly to get this resolved for all customers.

If you have any further comments or questions please let us know here. 

View answer in context
Service Expert

rmichalik wrote:

up until yesterday, when i was in the guide, and pushed the PG up, or PG down, it would jump four or five lines in the guide (i forget how many exactly it was).

Suddenly, now, the jump is only TWO lines.  I have to push the darned button a whole lot more times to scan thru the guide.

WHat is going on?  Did i somehow screw it up?  Is there somewhere i can tell it how many lines to skip whtn i pursh PG up or PG down?

I had same issue but overnight (maybe the reboot) the problem went away and scroll returned to normal.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The Guide Page Up/Down changed for me well over a week ago. Now both the Guide and the Mini Guide paging functions are both not working how most users expect them. COMCAST/XFINITY tech support just told me to post my question here and the developers would explain and listen to the complaint. OKAY XFINITY, I am waiting.

Service Expert

I have escalated this issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

This is happening to me also. All of the sudden page down only advances the guide 3 lines instead 1 page.
Contributor

on another thread, someone pointed out that in accessibility settings, if "Enhanced Readability:" is ON, it skips less lines than if it is OFF.  Unfortunately, with my eyesight, it has to be ON to read it!  LOL

But even with readability OFF, it is skipping FEWER LINES than it used to just a few days ago.  this has to be a deliberate programming change xfinity made. WHY, who  knows, it is far less user friendly   now

So i want at least ONE MORE LINE of skipping, and ideally two, even though enhanced Readability is ON

Official Employee

rmichalik, 

I see a few signal issues coming from your modem and cable box that could be contributing to this issue. Your modem itself has resynced more than it should and your cable box's signals are out of spec. 

All, please reboot your modem and your X1 box and let me know if the issue continues. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

This morning with the guide on normal it was skipping 3 lines.

Sure would be nice if Comcast would come clean on this issue. The B button thing sure went well for them.... LOL LOL LOL LOL
New Poster

I am having the same issue. it has annoyed the whole family. hope they fix it soon!

New Poster

I followed your advice, and the issue continues.
The "Page down" and "Page Up" functions on the remote (Comcast / Xfinity XR11) only advances 2 lines of the guide at a time. 

New Poster

Guide - page up and down

When hitting page up/down in "Guide" it only moves 3 channels, how do I change to move more channels?

Service Expert

Re: Guide - page up and down

Monqua wrote:

When hitting page up/down in "Guide" it only moves 3 channels, how do I change to move more channels?

there are many threads already about this. Appears to be a change in the back end as no new versions seem to have caused the change. Range is 2,3, or 4 lines and no way to change the number. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Administrator
Administrator

All,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our engineering team has been made aware of this issue. We are working quickly to get this resolved for all customers.

If you have any further comments or questions please let us know here. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

looks like there are 2 threads going on this now.

but i did as you suggested, and rebooted both the modem and the X1 box, both by disconnecting my DC power.  The problem still exists.

With the guide Enhanced Readability ON, 

1xxx

2xxx

3xxx

4xxx

if my guide pointer is set at 1xxx, and i do a page dn, it ends up at 3 xxx.  the font size is small enough that  it SHOULD have jumped to 4xxx instead (with the enhanced guide readability ON) and it still would have been visible on the guide screen

Official Employee

Rebooting your device will not solve this issue, we will be fixing it in an upcoming release. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Guide - page up and down

Having the same problem, since Friday afternoon.  I'm guessing something updated, and now it's messed up.  I went through every menu I could find, no way to change it.

New Poster

Thanks for the straight forward answer, I appreciate it.
New Poster

How can this issue be marked as solved when the problem still exists?

Regular Contributor

I totally agree with you.  Until a fix is applied to resolve the issue it should not be marked as resolved.  Saying it is going to be resolved in some unknown future time frame is not a solution and people will keep repporting the issue.

Gold Problem Solver

The original poster must have marked it as solved........
Cable Expert

fedup978 wrote:

I totally agree with you.  Until a fix is applied to resolve the issue it should not be marked as resolved.  

"Solved" is a bit of a misnomer. It just means OP's question was answered with the most up to date information available. The idea is to help others with the same problem find the answer to their question. In this case, the answer to the question "What's up with this?" is "We are aware that it's broken and are fixing it." So I agree with you that it isn't actually solved, but the question was answered. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

This reply does not mean that the issue is solved!  This still needs to be solved. I’ve had the same issue as the others that have posted here.  To make matters worse, I have called Xfinity about this a few times, and the representatives there have no knowledge of this.  Which confirms the fact that there is obviously a lack of communication. 

Rather than apologize for for the inconvenience, or state that the engineering team has been made aware of this issue...tell us instead when it is going to be fixed!  Being aware of something but doing nothing about it does not make the issue solved.

So...is there a fix? If not...when will there be one? 

Contributor

I didn't say it was solved.  Some moderator must have done that.

Frequent Visitor

rmichalik...the reply was not to you.  It was to the Xfinity Rep set the issue as Solved. 

Frequent Visitor

To Comcast Jesse

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Guide-page-down-up/m-p/2972868

Your reply does not mean that the issue is solved! This still needs to be solved. I’ve had the same issue as the others that have posted here. To make matters worse, I have called Xfinity about this a few times, and the representatives there have no knowledge of this. Which confirms the fact that there is obviously a lack of communication.

Rather than apologize for for the inconvenience, or state that the engineering team has been made aware of this issue...tell us instead when it is going to be fixed! Being aware of something but doing nothing about it does not make the issue solved.

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: To Comcast Jesse

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here.

Cable Expert

Re: To Comcast Jesse

RhonAyotte wrote:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/Guide-page-down-up/m-p/2972868

Your reply does not mean that the issue is solved! This still needs to be solved. I’ve had the same issue as the others that have posted here. 

ComcastJessie answered the question. "Comcast is aware of the issue and is working on a fix". That is the official reply for now. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem it stinks the updates can't be turned off they screw it up a lot

New Poster

It's been 8 days since "the engineering team has been made aware of the issue" and it's still not been resolved...

Regular Contributor

Hello everyone,

I apologize for all the delays in getting this issue resolved. Unfortunately I have not received word as to when the new release will resolve the issue. I will continue to monitor this issue to provide updates as I receive them. Again I apologize for any frustrations this has caused.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Guide issues

I have read here in the forums that the guide is experienceing issues and it says solved. Well it is not solved. I cannot view more than 2-3 lines when using the page up/down when on the guide. Can this be fixed? 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats