New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Grid unable to load

ANSWERED
New Poster

Grid unable to load

Hello,

For over a month now I have been unable to login and access the TV listings grid. I get an error message that says to reload my browser. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and IE12 and get the same error message with each.

If I access the grid without logging in I can see the grid but have no favorites and the location defaults to Baltimore or some irrelevant place. Please fix your website.

Accepted Solution

Re: Grid unable to load

I think I see where the confusion is. I ommited an implied step in the troubleshooting guide. I'll update the post I sent you to so it's more clear next time.

So you don't have to go looking again, here's the updated version:

The Website Is Not Displaying Channels Or Is Displaying Incorrect Channels

Make sure you're set to the correct channel lineup:

1) Go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

2) Sign In.

3) Click "Change Location" just above the top left of the grid.

4) Make sure the correct zip code is selected. If not, change it and press "search".

5) Select "Comcast Recommended Lineup"

6) If you don't have a "Comcast Recommended Lineup", HD customers usually want the "Digital" version of the lineup. SD customers can use "Digital" as well, but "Standard" will eliminate many HD channels they don't have access too.

7) Click save.

I think that should have you covered. Let me know if we're still talking past each other.

- Dan

View answer in context
Official Employee

Peter,

Check out our new troubleshooting TV Listings Issues post: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Troubleshooting-TV-Listings-Issues-Not-Loading-Incorr...

That should fix you right up. If not post back to this thread and we'll see what we can find.

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Maybe I didn't explain the problem correctly. When I'm on the listing website, if I'm logged in, I get this error message >>There was a problem loading the grid, reload your browser.<<

I have tried to access the website using Firefox, Chrome and IE12 -- I get the same error message with each browser which indicates to me that the browser is not the problem. If I log out I can see the programming grid but it is defaults to zipcode 19103. I "change location" to my zipcode and can see the programming grid but, because I am not logged in I *don't get* favorites and have to scroll through hundreds of channels to find the ones I usually watch.

If I missed the answer to this problem in your FAQ I apologize, please tell me which paragraph this problem is addressed in.

Official Employee

I think I see where the confusion is. I ommited an implied step in the troubleshooting guide. I'll update the post I sent you to so it's more clear next time.

So you don't have to go looking again, here's the updated version:

The Website Is Not Displaying Channels Or Is Displaying Incorrect Channels

Make sure you're set to the correct channel lineup:

1) Go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

2) Sign In.

3) Click "Change Location" just above the top left of the grid.

4) Make sure the correct zip code is selected. If not, change it and press "search".

5) Select "Comcast Recommended Lineup"

6) If you don't have a "Comcast Recommended Lineup", HD customers usually want the "Digital" version of the lineup. SD customers can use "Digital" as well, but "Standard" will eliminate many HD channels they don't have access too.

7) Click save.

I think that should have you covered. Let me know if we're still talking past each other.

- Dan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Daniel,

That worked, although why "Comcast recommeded line-up" should load the grid when the other two will not is a mystery. Probably some web monkey should be spanked. Anyway, thanks for the help.

-Pete-

Official Employee

The very short and oversimiplifed version is that the recomended lineup is backed by newer technology and thus is less likely to break. The even shorter (and ironically not oversimplified version) is that they both should work.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Have same problem the recent poster had; can not get tv schedule up using zip code, recommended, Digital etc.  Followed previeous steps

Frequent Visitor

Exact same problem as the OP.  The recommended solution does not work regardless of what line up I select.  This began today.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. Followed all the fix directions and none work.

I just noticed that though the grid WILL NOT work for the actual time if you click on a later hour it works. It's 11 AM here and I got the grid to come up by clicking 4 PM. This started last evening. Please post a fix that works. I've tried everything posted.

Official Employee

Yes, TV Listings went down today. It should be fixed now.

Sorry for the inconvience,

- Dan

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Dan, it is working now.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation