Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Got free Cable Box, no signal from box (but Xfinity ad comes through when TV plugged into wall)

New Poster

Got free Cable Box, no signal from box (but Xfinity ad comes through when TV plugged into wall)

So I get home with my new free Xfinity+Motorolla Cable Box. I plug in the coax cable from the wall to the "Cable In" on the Box. I plug in the HDMI from the box to the TV. On the activation phone call, it told me it noticed my device (Cable Box) was detected and connected. It activated the box for me and told me to hang up. Now, 2 hours later, I still have no signal from the HDMI output, the A/V output, nor the RF Out output. No signal. At all. TV detects nothing on any of the output types.

I tested Xfinity's coax cable by plugging it straight from the coax port that's in the wall to the TV, and I succesfully can see a generic Xfinity ad. So I know the coax cable is good. (But, as I said, when I try to get a signal through the cable box, I get absolutely nothing.) Is the box bad? It came packaged in a bag, but it has scratches and looks like it's been used.

If you suggest I call support, is there a way to get a hold directly of my local store? (It's 20+ minutes away and a 30+ minute wait in line.) I called the Xfinity support line last night, and a foreigner (Indian) who could not understand me answered. We didn't get anywhere and I hung up within a minute. What if I need an Xfinity technician to come over? Is that possible? Would I have to pay even though it may be their fault that the box is bad? My apartment complex management pays the monthly cable bills. Would they be charged if there's a fee for a techinician to come over, or would I?

Mostly, I would like a way to directly call my local Xfinity store (unless you all have alternative suggestions). The number listed on a Google search is just the generic Xfinity help line.

Official Employee

Re: Got free Cable Box, no signal from box (but Xfinity ad comes through when TV plugged into wall)

Hello wad11656, I can assist you with getting a phone number for a local Comcast store and help repair your cable box issue. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation