Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Google Chrome 17 browser not displaying the video correctly

New Poster

Google Chrome 17 browser not displaying the video correctly

I am trying to watch a video using xfinity tv online using a Google Chrome 17 browser, however, when I try playing the video it appears off center and only shows the top left corner of the show and the rest of it is not visible. I cannot see the Play/Pause buttons or how far along in the show I am. That said, this only happens with videos that xfinity pulls from Hulu. I think it has to do with resizing or the Adobe flash player but I do not know how to fix it. Also for some reason it displays correctly on Internet Explorer.

Specs:

• Browser: Google Chrome
  • Version: 17 (currently up to date)

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Google Chrome 17 browser not displaying the video correctly

jpretzel wrote:

I am trying to watch a video using xfinity tv online using a Google Chrome 17 browser, however, when I try playing the video it appears off center and only shows the top left corner of the show and the rest of it is not visible. I cannot see the Play/Pause buttons or how far along in the show I am. That said, this only happens with videos that xfinity pulls from Hulu. I think it has to do with resizing or the Adobe flash player but I do not know how to fix it. Also for some reason it displays correctly on Internet Explorer.

Specs:

• Browser: Google Chrome
  • Version: 17 (currently up to date)

Try uninstalling then reinstalling the Adobe Flash Player and then try watching the video again. If this does not work, there may be either a) an add-on or plug-in conflicting with the video or b) your browser is zoomed in too much or it is zoomed out too much. Try restoring it to its default size.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation