Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Gold Rush is all "16 bit" and stalls

Contributor

Gold Rush is all "16 bit" and stalls

I keep trying to watch Bering Sea Gold and Gold Rush, but they constantly freeze up every 10 or 15 seconds or so for periods of up to 30 seconds.  During the moments when they DO play, they are all notchy and "16 bit" in appearance.  This is NOT the fault of my computer, as  it occurs with whatever computer I use and no other programs I watch do this.  Is there some problem with Discovery Channel that has yet to be solved?  I get tired of watching for 1 1/2 hours to see a 1 hour program, not to mention that it makes a hash of any conversation or voice over.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Gold Rush is all "16 bit" and stalls

terryskinner139 wrote:

I keep trying to watch Bering Sea Gold and Gold Rush, but they constantly freeze up every 10 or 15 seconds or so for periods of up to 30 seconds.  During the moments when they DO play, they are all notchy and "16 bit" in appearance.  This is NOT the fault of my computer, as  it occurs with whatever computer I use and no other programs I watch do this.  Is there some problem with Discovery Channel that has yet to be solved?  I get tired of watching for 1 1/2 hours to see a 1 hour program, not to mention that it makes a hash of any conversation or voice over.

I tested these shows and found no issues.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Gold Rush is all "16 bit" and stalls

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 179 My Map ID: 79 My Persona ID: 9897 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.152.29.77 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.6 R602 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2533 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Feb 18 2013 16:26:34 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Mon Feb 18 2013 16:26:22 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Bi, Bj, Cy, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, Aw, Ar, Dc, Cg, Cq, Da, Cu, Au, Bv, B, Cz, U, Br, Cx, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, Bh, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Ax, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, Cv, Bz, Db, Bm, Co, Bl, Bp, Cw, Bo, J, Cc, Bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False I have rechecked the problem and found that the 16 bit problem is reduced, but also shows up on Walking dead.  The constant stalling and starting shows up there as well.  If you still can't find any problem with the programming, then it's probably due to the lousy ComCast signal.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation