Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Getting "flash plugin failed to load" in ie 11 when trying to stream MusicChoice

Frequent Visitor

Getting "flash plugin failed to load" in ie 11 when trying to stream MusicChoice

As this is my very first post on this site, please understand if this question is being posted to the wrong forum. I could not locate a forum based on the MusicChoice site; so, here goes:

My fav MusicChoice channel is #17, the Classical Masterpieces channel. I tend to use Internet Explorer as it's one I prefer. My pc is Windows 7 Pro,  but I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro. Since the upgrade, the MusicChoice site won't work in either IE 11 or Microsoft Edge; I keep getting the "Flash plugin failed to load" error message immediately after logging onto the site. Refreshing the browser just makes the message appear numerous times.

So far, I've deleted temp files, reset the browser to defaults along with making sure the Shockwave plugin was enabled. Nothing has worked. If anyone has seen this issue or knows of a fix, please let me know.

Many thanks for your help.

Problem Solver

Re: Getting "flash plugin failed to load" in ie 11 when trying to stream MusicChoice

Have you updated Adobe Flash to the latest version?

Have you tried using Chrome?

Service Expert

Re: Getting "flash plugin failed to load" in ie 11 when trying to stream MusicChoice

bobcat250 wrote:

As this is my very first post on this site, please understand if this question is being posted to the wrong forum. I could not locate a forum based on the MusicChoice site; so, here goes:

My fav MusicChoice channel is #17, the Classical Masterpieces channel. I tend to use Internet Explorer as it's one I prefer. My pc is Windows 7 Pro,  but I recently upgraded to Win 10 Pro. Since the upgrade, the MusicChoice site won't work in either IE 11 or Microsoft Edge; I keep getting the "Flash plugin failed to load" error message immediately after logging onto the site. Refreshing the browser just makes the message appear numerous times.

So far, I've deleted temp files, reset the browser to defaults along with making sure the Shockwave plugin was enabled. Nothing has worked. If anyone has seen this issue or knows of a fix, please let me know.

Many thanks for your help.

perhaps Chrome or Firefox browser would play the content through the https://tv.xfinity.com/ site presuming you are playing the channel in your home. If outside the home, the MusicChoice channel can be used on a smart device once activated. When I loaded the app, it verified at the time my internet was Xfinity and authed the app. Now the app plays anywhere with internet and even includes musicChoice videos.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

IE 11 comes preloaded with Adobe Flash and won't upgrade. If you visit Adobe's site, it doesn't even offer the upgrade option for IE 11 or MS Edge.

I haven't tried Chrome, but it does work with Firefox, which is a browser I don't particularly care to use. Guess I'm stuck using Firefox; oh, well...

Thanks for your post, MNtundraRET, and your prompt response!

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben, many thanks for your prompt response. As I mentioned to MNtundraRET, I am able to get the channel to work with Firefox (haven't tried Chrome) but it's not my browser of choice. Internet Explorer seems to just work better with most sites I visit.

Looks as though I'll be stuck with Firefox, unless I choose to revert to Windows 7 where IE worked fine with no problems. Again, many thanks for your help and quick reply.

Contributor

I wish Comcast would adopt HTML5 Video rather than rely on Adobe Flash *sighs*

Contributor

bobcat250 wrote:

Rustyben, many thanks for your prompt response. As I mentioned to MNtundraRET, I am able to get the channel to work with Firefox (haven't tried Chrome) but it's not my browser of choice. Internet Explorer seems to just work better with most sites I visit.

Looks as though I'll be stuck with Firefox, unless I choose to revert to Windows 7 where IE worked fine with no problems. Again, many thanks for your help and quick reply.

I've been running Windows 10 Pro for quite some time, with IE11 my preferred browser. I just tried Music Choice and it plays fine. My IE11 has the Shockwave Flash Object, ver. 23.0.0.207, last update was 28 Oct. 2016.

Frequent Visitor

Good thought, Plummerl. I hadn't checked the version; could be the reason. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation