Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

General

New Poster

General

Why is an ad popping up on my TV while I am watching a program about another service to bundle?  It is annoying.  Please STOP! What is annoying... there is no "close" X to get rid of it...  just "Remind Me Later" button or "Tune In Now" button.  I don't want whatever it is... you charge way too much money for your service(s).  When cable first started (years ago)... HBO was a STANDARD movie program with cable TV -- Now you have to PAY for movie channels.  Really? It is outrageous that you have to constantly "bundle" to get lower rates on your bill for so many months before being charged full price.... unless you "bundle" something again!.  Ridiculous!  Corporate GREED!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: General

HBO has never been a "standard" channel. You may have gotten HBO as part of a promotional offer but it has always been a "premium" channel.

Try going in to settings and turn off all "notifications". That may help you with the stuff you are seeing on the screen.
Official Employee

Re: General

Hello Patricia_Carlos, the reply given is correct, you can try to turn off notifications. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation